Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Universal Studios Orlando

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 2:31 pm
We are planning a family trip to Orlando for Pesach. The family is doing 3 days in Disney World and 2 days Universal Studios. My daughter is 5 and I was thinking she might be too young for Universal. Has anyone taken young kids? The next oldest cousin is 7 so she might enjoy it more than my daughter would. I just feel bad if my daughter knows that all her cousins are going to universal, she might get upset. Any one know if universal would be ok for a five year old? I know that Islands of Adventure has doctor seuss land. But does it pay to go just for that?

Sanguine

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 3:09 pm
Two days in Universal? Sounds like a lot for anyone. 3 days in Disney is too much too.

We went to universal when our son was 6. Most of it was fine and fun but I have one picture where he has such a scared look on his face (it never occurred to me that he would be scared - he never said he was, but that face....) There are a few scary things so if your daughter is the type who gets really scared it might not be good for her. But otherwise she'll have a good time being with everyone.

A tip someone gave me (but I don't remember if we actually did it but they thought it was a great idea) Instead of renting a locker for all your food and stuff. rent a stroller and push it around with you. Also good if your 5 year old gets tired (Disney parks are a long exhausting day). It lets you have snacks and drinks whenever needed, and you can stop for lunch whenever you want without having to spend all tha time and energy gong all the way back to the lockers.

Shoelover

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 4:35 pm
Last year I took my 2 yr old to universal (went w cousins) and he loved it! We bought vip passes so we didn't have to wait on line. He loved the shows and the rides and just walking around
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers