Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Most absurd Pesach-related thing you did today
1  2  3  Next

Lilibet

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:18 pm
Washed bio-degradable, cornstarch packing "peanuts" off set of Ancient Egypt plastic toy soldiers purchased on Amazon.com (toy army is slated to "drown" in a sea of blue tea-towels)

Attempted to make "cigars" for tonight's dinner by stuffing filo dough that turned out to have been sitting in the very back of the freezer for so long that it crumbled to shreds. So much for thriftily using up thriftily saved ingredients.

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:29 pm
Spent entirely too much time on Imamother!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:51 pm
Told my daughter that I had to tickle her to see if any chometz fell off as she was laughing. She's 3 and asked if that is really what Hashem said!

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:55 pm
Scrubbed down my office that being sold anyway!
It was a good excuse to clean it though!

imabima

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:56 pm
Crawled half-way under my bed and used a curtain rod to scoop things out! I found a shoe I've been missing for a while, 3 tichels, an empty beer bottle (husband), lots of dust, and a pouch of gelt.

ettilou

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 7:50 pm
Spent way too long going through my families toiletries, texting shailahs , reading the CRC Web site, getting distracted and watching a video on how to check Romaine lettuce for bugs, then going to Cvs for toothpaste. All in all, a huge waste of time, lol

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 8:28 pm
Baking 150 pesachdik chocolate chip cookies! Well, actually, it was a few less, thanks to a passing cookie dough snitcher.

My family likes the pesachdik ones better than the year round ones. I have to make a lot if I want them to tast through the end of Pesach. They are safely in the freezer now.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 8:43 pm
imabima wrote:
Crawled half-way under my bed and used a curtain rod to scoop things out! I found a shoe I've been missing for a while, 3 tichels, an empty beer bottle (husband), lots of dust, and a pouch of gelt.

gotta love the beer bottles ... I better check under my bed too Drunken Smile

UQT

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 8:43 pm
Can chocolate chip cookies stay safely in a freezer? We eat ours straight from the freezer. Better get a lock!

LovetoLive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 8:49 pm
Supervised my kids washing the blinds and making a mess dripping water everywhere, and cleaning only partially. All in the name of chinuch.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:08 pm
love to live-hooray to you! now you have what to tell them when they have their own and hopefully they will take that as pride to do with their children. good for you. cant love it enough. wow I dont even know why I am so emotional about this one. I guess the recent tragedy all mixed with that I recently moved and all this emotional stuff. okay.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:08 pm
love the replies here!

relish

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:12 pm
imasinger wrote:
Baking 150 pesachdik chocolate chip cookies! Well, actually, it was a few less, thanks to a passing cookie dough snitcher.

My family likes the pesachdik ones better than the year round ones. I have to make a lot if I want them to tast through the end of Pesach. They are safely in the freezer now.

Can you post your recipe?

chayamiriam

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:58 pm
Pease post receipe need to bake cookies!

rachel6543

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 10:02 pm
Yes, please share your recipe!

Miri7

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 11:04 pm
This morning decided to say at home for pesach instead of going OOT, got 19 guests for first night seder by midafternoon.

Fave

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 11:21 pm
Miri7 wrote:
This morning decided to say at home for pesach instead of going OOT, got 19 guests for first night seder by midafternoon.

Wish there was an option to hug.

Miri7

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 11:37 pm
Fave wrote:
Wish there was an option to hug.

Thanks! Feeling the hug!! Hug

Just got email from rav asking if we have room for more...

Lilibet

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:11 am
Miri7 wrote:

Wait. There were 19 people in your community who had made no plans for the seder until yesterday?

I can procrastinate with the best of them, but how does that happen?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 8:18 am
I agreed to turn over my kitchen on Sunday. Am I insane?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen