Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you didnt have to, would you still work?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 4:18 am
If you had financial security and your spouse made more than enough, would you work?

I know that I would. I need that something out of the house to make me a better person over all. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
And I also would like it to have that extra income so that we are able to save and to be able to splurge every once in a while.

What about you all?

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 4:48 am
Your question is not that clear. What do you mean by 'don't have to'?? We wouldn't starve if I didn't work, but I think saving a little or buying a house or living above poverty level is pretty important too.
If we could live very comfortably off dh's salary I wouldn't work in the field I'm in. I would continue my studies to a PhD, or work at something creative and fun. Earning a salary is the main reason I work where I do.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 5:07 am
I would probably start my own business . I would hire lots of help in the business so I could be with the kids when they come back from school. That's a priority.
Or maybe I would open a zedaka fund - I've always dreamed of that.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 5:21 am
Tablepoetry wrote:
Your question is not that clear. What do you mean by 'don't have to'?? We wouldn't starve if I didn't work, but I think saving a little or buying a house or living above poverty level is pretty important too.
If we could live very comfortably off dh's salary I wouldn't work in the field I'm in. I would continue my studies to a PhD, or work at something creative and fun. Earning a salary is the main reason I work where I do.
Whatever that means to you and your family. Im sure its different for each individual and each family.

yalimommy

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:11 am
No, I wouldn't.
Even though I enjoy the work that I do, if we could be comfortable financially without my salary, I would not be working. I hate the sense of obligation that my job entails- I really cannot take off.
I would be volunteering and taking classes or workshops in things that I enjoy doing.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:21 am
yes

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:38 am
I would probably do some kind of side-job in something that I really enjoy but that would continue to allow me to be home for the kids when they come home.

relish

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:43 am
very very part time.

myself

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:44 am
Yes, part time.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:44 am
I would work if we just met our obligations or had just a bit over.
I would not work if we had somewhat more than enough, including reasonable retirement savings. There is so much more I could be doing for the kids, house, community.
Even after putting the necessary time into the family there are so many needs in the community that I could be organizing. That would give me pleasure. I hate not being able to always offer to prepare food for a family in need. Or offer transportation to an outpatient traveling to a hospital daily by bus.
So little time, so much to do.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:50 am
No way.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 7:06 am
Maybe, I don't really know. My youngest is 3 and will be in playgroup next year, so I don't now if I would enjoy being home all by myself. I would probably either work from home or go back to school or run a small little business.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 7:49 am
I would work a couple of hours a day in something that I like to do (even if it's low pay). I like to have a schedule and to get out everyday and feel like I accomplished something.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 7:51 am
I would work a couple of hours a day in something that I like to do (even if it's low pay). I like to have a schedule and to get out everyday and feel like I accomplished something. I also like to be somewhat self sufficient and not rely on DH for all our income.

lfab

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 8:12 am
No way! If all my kids were older and in school then maybe (very maybe) I would work part time on my own schedule since the field I work in could allow for that if I work as a contractor.

grace413

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 8:17 am
No. And I don't. (but don't worry, I worked for plenty of years)

abby1776

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 8:58 am
If I had enough money for cleaning help, babysitting, and other "luxuries." I would not work. But if I by not working I am expected to clean the house and watch children all day forget it.

supty

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 9:13 am
I would absolutely work. I enjoy the intellectual stimulation and adult interaction. I would probably work part time while I have young children, but eventually I would even work full time. Maybe later on I would change careers or go back to school, but I would hate to not be on a schedule or feel like I'm not accomplishing something.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 9:14 am
No.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:35 am
Yes, definitely. I am in that position now. I not only work, but I run my own (very profitable business) and have another part time job. I love what I do and we could easily live without my income, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics