Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you didnt have to, would you still work?
Previous  1  2  3

rachelbg

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:10 pm
I think I could only 'not work' if we had enough money for me to waste money shopping and eating out, and doing other silly things that I'd be tempted to do since I wouldn't be spending my time at work.

rachelbg

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:11 pm
oops double post.

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 12:54 am
im actually in an interesting situation now where I am getting paid by my current boss not to work while he works some stuff out with his position. Its been going on for about a 6 weeks now and for the first 3 weeks I didnt work and kept myself busy but then I got bored and got a part time job about 15 hours a week from home doing clerical work for a lawyer so I could keep myself busy and not be out lunching and shopping daily. So I guess yes I would prob work but very minimal and on my own schedule just to keep busy. I am deff enjoying all the off time though and the ability to sleep in and extra hours I get to spend with my daughter

boysrus

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:25 am
no way!
if I didnt have to work, I absolutely would not! My life is so busy with a big family bli ayin hara, there is so much to do each day, I barely keep my head above water!

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:45 am
I retired four years ago. I must admit, I'm no longer disciplined enough to work and have no desire to do so.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 4:14 pm
I would rather stay home and have fewer luxuries for sure !!

Culturedpearls

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 6:36 pm
I'd like to say no, but I'm not in that position. Financial demands of tuition, marrying kids off, taking care of elderly parents...
I suppose I'd work part time if I could.

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 10:04 pm
I used to think that I definitely would not work if I didn't have to. Then a few months ago I was laid off after being with my company for a very long time. I was given a very generous severance package and have enjoyed going on every field trip known to man, joining a great gym and having the time to do everything I never had time to do before. But, I have to admit that I feel a little lost and I definitely think I was way more productive at home when I was working. I was just more efficient in those fewer hours. My house doesn't look much different than it did before. Maybe if I didn't have job hunting and the fact that I need to get something else in the back of my head I could be more productive with my time but I always thought that if I wasn't working my life would be magically organized and perfect and I have not found that to be the case.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics