Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Frum Survivor Sima tells her story publicly for the 1st time
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

ora_43

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 7:19 am
amother, this really doesn't belong on this thread. Even if you're talking about accusers' reliability in general, having it on this thread makes it sound like you're doubting Sima specifically.

Maybe we could start a new thread on how the frum community should respond to s-x crime accusations.

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:08 am
And we wonder why young women and men don't come forward to prosecute the animals who molest him. Because of enablers like the women here don't have the kahunas to post in their own names, but have no compunction whatsoever about speaking lashon hara about women who do come forward, accusing them of lying, making up stories about them.

May Hashem forgive me for what I'm thinking about you right now.

bat1

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:44 am
Okay, so I watched Sima here few days ago and then left the post as I realized I used too much time from work "not wasted but used". either way came back onto imamother today, not reading the whole post but a few and I am shocked that people think she made up a story, and shocked at one person for asking what she still has against him. these things are very sensitive, if others posted that yes, you can't always believe if someone is really an abuser or not I agree, it is the easiest thing to blame someone with as lawyers and all take it easy and don't mind to have them all guilty! it is very scary how noone is immune the second you have an enemy, one might just find it easy to make up a story, but when a married woman or even more a child or innocent teen comes up with such a story, listen and believe and do something about it!!! may we never be tested in this field! Amen! and may Sima and her family and tht crazy guy all be healed fully!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:05 am
Barbara wrote:
And we wonder why young women and men don't come forward to prosecute the animals who molest him. Because of enablers like the women here don't have the kahunas to post in their own names, but have no compunction whatsoever about speaking lashon hara about women who do come forward, accusing them of lying, making up stories about them.

May Hashem forgive me for what I'm thinking about you right now.

I'm enabling no one. And I wouldn't be not enabling them even more had it been under my own screen name. That wouldn't change anything. I said no lashon harah about her just that we shouldn't take her word as fact based on her word alone. Besides, I find the lashon harah argument ironic coming from someone so ready to believe lashon harah from one complete stranger about another.

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
I'm enabling no one. And I wouldn't be not enabling them even more had it been under my own screen name. That wouldn't change anything. I said no lashon harah about her just that we shouldn't take her word as fact based on her word alone. Besides, I find the lashon harah argument ironic coming from someone so ready to believe lashon harah from one complete stranger about another.

It's called toeles. Warning people about a molester, warning people about a beit din that simply shuffled the problem off to another community.

There is no credibility coming from someone hiding behind amother. Particularly when amothers are talking about not believing Sima, about maybe her parents put her up to this, etc.

Funny how all of you imamothers are so outraged, but there's no outrage from the rabbis on the beit din. No outrage from the molester. They're all quiet. Not screaming defamation or demanding that the video be pulled. Let's guess why that may be. Same reason Cosby hasn't sued anyone for defamation. Because true statements aren't defamatory.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:22 am
Barbara wrote:
It's called toeles. Warning people about a molester, warning people about a beit din that simply shuffled the problem off to another community.

There is no credibility coming from someone hiding behind amother. Particularly when amothers are talking about not believing Sima, about maybe her parents put her up to this, etc.

Funny how all of you imamothers are so outraged, but there's no outrage from the rabbis on the beit din. No outrage from the molester. They're all quiet. Not screaming defamation or demanding that the video be pulled. Let's guess why that may be. Same reason Cosby hasn't sued anyone for defamation. Because true statements aren't defamatory.

It's toeles if it's true. You'd think we'd have to figure that out somehow.

And the rabbis may not know about it. I know lots of rabbis who have no internet access and have no idea about this story (I don't know the four mentioned). It just came out a few days ago. It's a busy time. It's a tough topic to bring up with the individuals in question so I wouldn't think it so shocking that it never got back to any of them.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics