Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO Pesach baking and dessert recipes

Snowdrop

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 7:32 am
I am looking for Pesach baking and dessert recipes. We eat gebrokts, and I prefer to bake with it than with potato starch.

Any ideas?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:46 am
Snowdrop wrote:
I am looking for Pesach baking and dessert recipes. We eat gebrokts, and I prefer to bake with it than with potato starch.

Any ideas?

We also eat gebrokts and I used to bake with it thinking it would be better, but eventually found that we preferred the recipes that were not gebrokts as the matza meal/cake meal made the baked goods heavy.

If you want non-gebrokts recipes, I posted tons of them a year or too ago, I'd suggest you just go through (or search for) the posted recipes here (look for my screen name) and you'll find them.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 12:01 pm
Not fancy but so easy and so delicious (read the reviews) http://www.imamother.com/forum.....wnies

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 12:53 pm
There's a good matza meal sponge cake in the kbd cookbook among other recipes. If you need me to post let me know.
Most people who brok use potato starch for baking anyway as the matza meal cakes often add to the stomach aches and constipation over pesach. But one or two "real" cakes are really nice to have, so maybe do a combination.
You can also do flourless chocolate cake and ground almond chococlate chip cookies, fudge bombs, etc.
For desserts you can do mousse, ice cream, sorbet, apple crispy, poached pears, baked apple streusel, sandwich cookie ice cream, ice cream cake, chocolate bark, but brittle,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics