Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which is the best Carriage for first baby

ilovegod

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 3:21 pm
If I want to spend approx. $1,000 OR LESS for baby carriage as a gift for someone who had their first baby. Which carriage is in? which is good? practical? I'm not so into them, so any new mothers help me out please and where to buy them in Brooklyn.

TIA

Stars

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 3:39 pm
Bugaboo Bee3! Lightweight, practical, foldable, and beautiful! Can be easily customized and fits your budget.

ilovegod

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:01 pm
isn't the bugaboo company "old fashioned"? I'm totally clueless.

smss

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:08 pm
that's so generous of you. I don't know about whoever the lucky person is that you're getting this for, but personally, if someone were going to give me a $1000 gift, I would want to spend it on ALL baby gear, not just the stroller! that could cover car seat, stroller, crib, mattress, and high chair - even if you buy GOOD ones!

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:14 pm
my firsts baby's stroller cost $150, I think including car seat. It was actually a wonderful stroller, exactly what I need. Oddly, nobody needed $1000 strollers then.

But, in any case, bugaboos still seem to be popular. Other ones are also popular too. If you search old threads here there are lots of discussions about this topic.

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:46 pm
Are you going to be asking the new mother what she wants or you are just going to pick it out for her? What is her lifestyle- will she need to fold the stroller a lot or does she want a bassinet, etc. It might be a good idea to discuss it with her a little, unless she doesnt want to deal with it and delegated the decision to you Smile

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:46 pm
Because with that budget you can buy practically any stroller you want

nyer1

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 5:09 pm
really depends on the family's lifestyle. will they be taking a lot of long walks? will they be going in an out of the car? do they take the subway or bus? do they want the baby to face forward and backwards? do they want one that can convert to a double?

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a stroller unless u know EXACTLY which stroller the family wants

wiki

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:19 pm
Everyone else makes good points that all of the advantages of a luxury stroller can double as disadvantages: the bells and whistles mean more weight, more width, bulkier folding.

For that budget, though, you may as well buy two strollers: one with all the bells and whistles, and one that is small, light, narrow, and easy to fold.

For the fancy stroller, maybe the UppaBaby Vista? For the small stroller, maybe a MacLaren, or CityMini, or UppaBaby Gluxe, or Valco snap?

Yael3

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:26 pm
I did tons of research and ended up purchasing a Baby Jogger with an insert for newborns. Absolutely love it, it's in awesome condition 2.5 years later and I've been back and forth with it to Eretz Yisroel. It had 3 wheels and excellent shocks do that the baby has a smooth ride. It costs something like $600 I don't remember exactly. The only downside is it is wide so if it's going to Israel it's not appropriate for the narrow macolett isles!

pause

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:35 pm
Bugaboos in brooklyn are still very popular, the bugaboo3 and the chameleon.
The new Stokke is also popular.
Many people like the Mamas and Papas too.

Miri7

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:04 pm
I agree that a lot depends on how the new mom will use the stroller. I might find a great baby store near her that carries the full range of fancy strollers and baby gear.

You can give her a gift credit for the store or you could buy a top of the line stoller for her and ask the store to hold delivery. Then she can go and test drive them all and take home whatever she wants and use the credit for something else (car seat, umbrella stroller etc).

You could also ask her if she has picked one out yet....

What a generous gift!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics