Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Boon high chair opinions?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:58 am
I recently had a baby and a relative offered to buy a high chair from a particular store as a baby present. The 2 high chairs available in that store in the given price range is a Peg Perero (sp?) or a Boon. I don't love the PP because I've had negative experiences with it previously in that the tray is too far from the baby and all the food dropped ends up in the child's lap. The Boon is new, so I don't really know anything about it.

Thoughts?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:02 pm
I'm sure you can find reviews online.
I like it. It's easy to clean, nice design, the problem you mentioned- about the tray being too far back- doesn't seem to bother me (there are two settings).
However, it doesn't lean back. For me that wasn't a problem since my baby learned how to sit up rather early on, but it might bother other people.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:27 pm
I have the two boons and I love them they are great one downside is the tray is small but other than that its great and soo easy to clean I deffintley recommend it

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:37 pm
we had a boon high chair and I absolutely loved it. I loved how the base easily fit under any table. I loved the look. I loved that the tray didnt take over my entire kitchen. I didnt mind that it didnt lean back because I dont really start table food until about a year old anyway. so easy to use, and easy to clean. mine came with an extra tray insert which is nice for pesach.

mandr

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 10:16 pm
My brother has it and is not very happy with it. His baby on the big side and he feels the seat is not roomy enough for him. Also, the bottom doesn't move very well on the floor.

supty

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 10:39 pm
I have it. I love how easy it is to clean- no cracks or crevices, all you have to do is wipe it down. On the downside though- my baby was really fat, and even though there are two adjustable positions for the tray, even the looser one was kind of tight for him. Also something about the seatbelt just never fit him right. One other thing is that it doesn't fold, so it takes up a lot of space even when you're not using it. Overall though, I was pretty happy with it.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 1:34 am
I have the boon high chair. I like the look, but it has some down sides. The tray is small. Its large enough for food, but too small to comfortably play with toys. The strap somehow doesn't close well. It's also hard to wheel. I took off the brakes but the wheeling didn't get much easier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics