Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What to put with black and white skirt?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 7:52 pm
I don't know what your skin tone is, so I can't really suggest a color. You've already gotten some good ideas here.

In the future, take some advice from my mom. When you see something you like, immediately ask yourself to name 5 things in your closet that you can wear with it. If you can't come up with 5 off the top of your head, then you know that this outfit will hang in the back of your closet for a long time, and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to find a matching piece to go with it.

While I'm passing on mom's wisdom, and summer is coming, here's another one. Hold the fabric crumpled up in your hand for 5 minutes, and then look at it. If it's wrinkled, then you know that it will be high maintenance, and will probably look like you've slept in it by the end of the day. If the fabric releases wrinkles easily, then you have a winner!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 8:18 pm
You can always put on a colored sash with a solid white or black mesh cropped top-the stores are full with it

mommyofd1

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:37 pm
thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of a plain long sleeved sweater. Does anyone know where I can find one that's thin and cotton? (in small sizes)
I like this one (its a perfect neck) but it's not cotton and it may be to immature for me.
http://www.forever21.com/Produ.....ntID=

MamaBear

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:56 pm
No time to go look online for you but Talbots often has tons basic cotton sweaters in lots of colors.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 5:39 am
mommyofd1 wrote:
thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of a plain long sleeved sweater. Does anyone know where I can find one that's thin and cotton? (in small sizes)
I like this one (its a perfect neck) but it's not cotton and it may be to immature for me.
http://www.forever21.com/Produ.....ntID=

Lands End has gorgeous cotton sweaters in very classy styles. They're not cheap, but the quality is worth it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics