Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
For those that hired a cleaning person just for pesach
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 3:56 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecru

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecru

Did you mean to post in the colors for amother thread?
Because the closest I can come up with is the Cinderella reference. I'm sure she would have loved to have outsourced her chores.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:20 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Because the closest I can come up with is the Cinderella reference. I'm sure she would have loved to have outsourced her chores.

sometimes a copy & paste seems to stay in the last mode used ... I'm guessing that's the case here

but good for you for keeping on your toes ... ecru or lavender ... cinderella & along with the rest of us could use some help with passing over chores Wink

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I think they do owe an explanation if they want your future business. If the explanation was an emergency, etc., of course I'd be moved.

They don't owe her an explanation because she never actually booked them!

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:26 am
PinkFridge wrote:

see amother earlier in this thread who said "what the heck is ecru"

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:08 am
oliveoil wrote:

Oops. Should have gone back to the first page to see. Brain is in cooking mode now, b"H.
Though I am really curious why lavender " wiki ecru" amother felt the need to go amother.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:25 am
oliveoil wrote:

ecru is popping up in lots of threads

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:50 am
sneakermom wrote:
It happens all the time erev Pesach unfortunately. Everyone is desperate and there isn't enough cleaners to go around.

For next year I recommend you get the cleaner three weeks before Pesach to do the heavy work. And keep her until Pesach by hiring her for enough hours, tipping well, and giving her a good lunch.

I hired my cleaning lady in anticipation of pesach and treat her nicely as I do every human rather than as a means to an end. Unfortunately my neighbors who didn't plan want my cleaning lady this week. It is sort of not fair that they created their own emergency. It is also not right that I should lend out my cleaning lady as if I owned her. I wouldn't even know how to tell my CL that she has to now clean someone else's home.

Pesach is something that can be planned for.

Anonymous because my neighbor is on here.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
I hired my cleaning lady in anticipation of pesach and treat her nicely as I do every human rather than as a means to an end. Unfortunately my neighbors who didn't plan want my cleaning lady this week. It is sort of not fair that they created their own emergency. It is also not right that I should lend out my cleaning lady as if I owned her. I wouldn't even know how to tell my CL that she has to now clean someone else's home.

Pesach is something that can be planned for.

Anonymous because my neighbor is on here.

Do you mean sharing some of your hours? Because I assume you need every minute you can get. And if not, unless you are in charge of her scheduling, there's really nothing you can do; your neighbors would have to talk directly to her or whoever is in charge of her schedule. Why is this your problem?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:22 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you mean sharing some of your hours? Because I assume you need every minute you can get. And if not, unless you are in charge of her scheduling, there's really nothing you can do; your neighbors would have to talk directly to her or whoever is in charge of her schedule. Why is this your problem?

Yes, she wants me to share my hours. Right now the CL works only for me. I pay her by the hour and she is free to work somewhere else when I don't book her. This week I am taking her 7 - 7 everyday.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, she wants me to share my hours. Right now the CL works only for me. I pay her by the hour and she is free to work somewhere else when I don't book her. This week I am taking her 7 - 7 everyday.

If you were ahead of the game, I'd say, maybe an hour or two at the end of the day with a clear understanding of boundaries with your friend. Even then, I'd be a bit apprehensive. I would have less than 0 guilt (I.e. negative 50? Wink ) about not sharing her if it would cause you stress and possibly complicate some friendships.
If you find yourself shmoozing with your helpless friends, steer the conversation away from Pesach, IYKWIM.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 1:00 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
If you were ahead of the game, I'd say, maybe an hour or two at the end of the day with a clear understanding of boundaries with your friend. Even then, I'd be a bit apprehensive. I would have less than 0 guilt (I.e. negative 50? Wink ) about not sharing her if it would cause you stress and possibly complicate some friendships.
If you find yourself shmoozing with your helpless friends, steer the conversation away from Pesach, IYKWIM.
[quote]

That's what she wants. I feel terrible about it, but I can't do it without taking away from my plans. It is not right to pressure someone with only 4 days left.

Snickers18

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 1:20 pm
Sad Sorry, it sounds like you feel bad enough about this, but based on what you said, I don't blame them. I find that when you talk to people nicely and value them as people, they generally respond in kind. Perhaps you can take over in the future? Or better yet, somehow get through to him that the behavior is inappropriate? If my husband treated someone badly, I definitely would not subject them to time spent with him at our house. Hugs, and hope you can get out of this rut!

chevi1

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 3:09 pm
marina wrote:
don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

excuse my ignorance, what does this mean?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 4:10 pm
chevi1 wrote:
excuse my ignorance, what does this mean?

It means on the tush
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics