Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Looking for a recently published novel to read over pesach

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 12:33 pm
I have seen a few possibilities. I'd like to hear your suggestions on the three following books, if you've read them or heard feedback from others. Thanx! I like "light" reading, nothing too suspenseful and nothing with terrorism and confusing plots. More "family" type books as opposed to wartime stories.

Road Less Traveled by Susie Garber

Behind Prison Walls by Ann Novick

Orange Groves by Rachel Pomerantz - is this a sequel to any of her other books, because the description says to re-acquaint yourself with many of her beloved characters, and I never read her other books. TIA

glamourmom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 1:18 pm
I just read culture shock and really liked it.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
Orange Groves by Rachel Pomerantz - is this a sequel to any of her other books, because the description says to re-acquaint yourself with many of her beloved characters, and I never read her other books. TIA

I haven't read the others, but did read this one. It was a good read. It is indeed a sequel to her previous books, but it can stand on it's own. You'll definitely get more out of it if you've read the previous ones as it will help understand the past history often referred to.

And, if you haven't read her other books, I'd strongly recommend all of them -- they're at the top of my list of frum literature.

Bundy

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:07 pm
May I suggest my new book, Ready to Fly which arrived in bookstores last week. It's not a novel but rather an anthology of my short stories with an anecdote after each one explaining what motivated me to write it.
You never know you might enjoy it!
Chag kasher vesameach! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room