Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I Dislike Nude Tights for Girls!!!
1  2  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:08 pm
So I'm buying hosiery for Yomtov. Stores are still stocked with nude for kids and everybody is buying it. So if my daughter's friends wear it, she wants to wear it as well.

Does anybody know the point of this whole nude thing business for kids?
It seems to be the heimishe community only.

I hate it and can't wait for it to go out of style, it's "in" for too long!!!

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:40 pm
I wrote a thread like this a year or 2 ago
I hate seeing a 10 year old girl dressed like a 20 yr old sem girl on a date
And I hate seeing a 9 yr old boy in an Armani suit with cufflinks

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:
So I'm buying hosiery for Yomtov. Stores are still stocked with nude for kids and everybody is buying it. So if my daughter's friends wear it, she wants to wear it as well.

Does anybody know the point of this whole nude thing business for kids?
It seems to be the heimishe community only.

I hate it and can't wait for it to go out of style, it's "in" for too long!!!

I abhor it too.
Knee socks anyone?

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:54 pm
Lol...I thought it was just me.... it looks so old ladyish to me!!

oliveoil

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:09 pm
so don't buy them

no one's holding a gun to your head

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 11:32 pm
I don't like nude tights on anyone, but especially on little girls! Colored tights look so much more refined, IMHO.

sitting

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 11:58 pm
I refuse to buy them.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:04 am
I don't like nude tights on anyone. I think it looks especially dowdy on little girls.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:15 am
I don't have strong feelings but prefer to buy thick coloured or white tights for my kids.

I wear nude tights myself. Sorry, I know its not in fashion to cover your legs but I do for tznius reasons, and thick tights look odd in summer or with certain fancy outfits.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:22 am
Raisin wrote:
I don't have strong feelings but prefer to buy thick coloured or white tights for my kids.

I wear nude tights myself. Sorry, I know its not in fashion to cover your legs but I do for tznius reasons, and thick tights look odd in summer or with certain fancy outfits.

I don't care about whether it's in fashion to wear something or not, I just prefer the look of colored tights or nylons. If they match your hemline and shoes, it can make you look taller and slimmer, and it makes it a lot easier to get dressed in a hurry! I also find that colored stockings tend to not run as much as nude stockings, so that's a huge plus, too.

Unless you happen to have the exact same skin tone as "nude", it looks like you took your legs to the tanning bed, and forgot the rest of your body. LOL If you are very pale, wear cream colored stockings. I learned that trick in my teens, and never looked back. Nothing to do with tznius, it just looks more polished.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:30 am
What is the difference between nude stockings and nylons?

I wear 15 denier or so nude coloured nylons for shabbos and other formal occasions, especially when I am wearing a knee length skirt.

I do not like the look at all of pale cream or white stockings on anyone over about 12.

I love thick cosy tights and wear them whenever I can since they are more comfortable and I like how they look. but they don't work with most of my shabbos clothes/shoes unless its winter and I am wearing boots.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:36 am
I guess the difference is denier. I'm lazy and don't shave my legs. Wink Everyone thinks I'm so frum, but the truth is that my test for stockings is that it doesn't let my leg hair show through. LOL (or that little tattoo on my ankle embarrassed )

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 3:00 am
I am very pale, so "nude" tights tend to look like I overdid a spray-on tan on my legs. It looks weird on me unless they come in a very pale version.

Plus, when it's cold enough to wear stockings/tights here in Israel, it also means it might rain, which means there will be mud, so light-colored leg coverings of any type are not practical.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 4:59 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I guess the difference is denier. I'm lazy and don't shave my legs. Wink Everyone thinks I'm so frum, but the truth is that my test for stockings is that it doesn't let my leg hair show through. LOL (or that little tattoo on my ankle embarrassed )

ME TOO! re: the hair test :-D

But I still worry that my 80-denier beige tights can be mistaken for bare legs at a distance. I'd love to switch to 80-denier black, but it's "not done" in my community.

Shoelover

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 5:06 am
Why don't you get your daughter socks?

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 5:38 am
I also hate it. My girls started wearing it when they were in sixth grade because that's the age when they want to dress to fit in with their friends. But even my older teens hate nude and wear it because they "have to". But part of it is for tznius reasons - for those of us who won't go out bare legged. The difference with little girls is that they can look cute in knee socks. In fact my older dds declared "no nude" for the little ones.

I wonder who starts all these fashion rules.

Chloe

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 7:43 am
oliveoil wrote:
so don't buy them

no one's holding a gun to your head

When a girl "needs" something really bad because all her friends have it, then she's like a machine gun to your head Banging head LOL

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:29 am
nude is colourless ...

not pretty - don't know how it's tznius ... as for kids fuhgeddaboudit

marina

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:19 am
I love nude pantyhose. I get a very light color nude so, no, it doesn't look like a tan. And I'd for sure let my kids wear it if they wanted to. Plus I tend to ignore what's in fashion and I don't check out little kids' legs to see if they look "refine."

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:12 am
esheschayil wrote:
ME TOO! re: the hair test :-D

But I still worry that my 80-denier beige tights can be mistaken for bare legs at a distance. I'd love to switch to 80-denier black, but it's "not done" in my community.

Trust me. No one is mistaking thick beige tights for bare legs. But even if they were, what does it matter. I'm sure lots of people don't realize you're wearing a sheitl, either.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics