Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can a larger women wear a midi skirt?
Previous  1  2

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
What are you talking about? I am much bigger than a size 12 and I wear skirts a like that all the time and I look fabulous! It is flouncy and fancy and I feel amazing. I am a very hourglass shaped person and it accentuates my waist and hides my hips. I wear it with shortish sweater things. I get compliments all the time on my style!

Op if you love it wear it and wear it with style! Also just because other people wear it with a tucked in shirt doesn't mean you have to. Experiment and find out what works with your body! Not everyone is shaped like a stick. Those women are just hangers for the clothes!

Op has a different body type than you. She's more of an apple. But I think you can definitely wear a flarey midi skirt op, just look for a higher waisted one that you could cinch with a belt to create the illusion of a smaller waist. I wouldn't wear a sweater to the hips with the skirt, that's too much bulk imo.

Those who mentioned crop tops, I guess you mean that you wear a shell underneath? That would only be flattering to someone with a small waist, nothing to muffin out.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
Ok everyone. I couldn't resist. I orderd, but it has free returns, so if it looks terrible, back it goes!

I was seriously asking if you have any more suggestions. I hope we don't run into each other wearing it. Mine is coming Tuesday.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:27 pm
Im the op. My waist is actually smallish, but I have a tummy... Anyway....
Cerulean, we wont run into eachother, unless you live oot in the midwest somewhere 😉

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:32 pm
http://apostolicclothing.com/m......html

Cerulean, I like this one in the hounds tootj print. Never ordered from this site, but they have some nice stuff.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:53 pm
amother wrote:
http://apostolicclothing.com/midi-length-skirts/2647-betsy.html

Cerulean, I like this one in the hounds tootj print. Never ordered from this site, but they have some nice stuff.

I do like your taste.

Did you see the sizing? A 24 inch waist is a medium?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 9:05 am
Depends how the body is made. Always try.

That said, flattering for larger is often knee length. Some As, some pencils (yes yes), some straight lines.

Oh and 12 is nothing. The average French lady everyone touts on Imamother is a 10/12. You're almost there.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 5:12 pm
OP, you sound like you are my exact same body type. Size 12, curvy figure with a tummy, slightly pear shaped.

I think that if you like what you see in the mirror, then you can rock it with style. Your confidence in the way you look will make the difference in whether you "can wear" something or not. If you feel shlumpy, you will look shlumpy. If you feel fabulous, then you will rule the catwalk!

The woman makes the dress gorgeous, not the other way around. Thumbs Up

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 5:17 pm
Awww thanks for the encouragement.

Cerulean amother, good thing you pointed out the size! I didn't know!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics