Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Faux leather

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 3:29 pm
I want to get something in faux leather, either a skirt or a jacket. I have a couple questions. First is the material breathable or is it like wearing a plastic bag? And second, is it durable or will it quickly get torn all over and look horrible like with non leather shoes and bags?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 3:49 pm
I hate pleather. Yes, it's like a garbage bag. Are you morally opposed to real leather?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 4:00 pm
I don't have the money to get real leather Sad

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 4:12 pm
Faux leather does not breathe and yes it will be like wearing a plastic bag. It will also scratch, scar and peel just like fake leather bags and look like something you picked up in the city dump before you get very much older. If you must wear pleather or die, get something with pleather trim or a pleather panel, rather than an entire garment made of this material. But if you ask me, leather or pleather clothes make you look like a street tough, not classy.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
I don't have the money to get real leather Sad

Go to ebay.com and type in "leather -faux" then type in either "jacket" or "skirt" or "vest" then type in your size. You can choose to either type in "small or medium or large" or your real size. See what comes up.

If you do buy on ebay, you should put the item in your freezer for 24 hours before wearing to kill the mice.
P.s,: -faux means that fake leather with the word "faux" will be excluded from your seach

One more thing. I forgot that "PUC" also means "fake". So your search should be

leather -faux -puc

2cents

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:27 pm
I find that there's a big quality difference between brands and price-points. I have a really cute faux leather jacket I got from marshalls for around $70, from GUESS. I've had it for several years and its classy, and has worn well. that's different than, say, a jacket you get for $20 from forever21.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:50 pm
There isndifferent quality pleather and some is better quality just like there is different quality wool or cotton.

Stella McCartneynis a VERY expensive designer and she is a Vegan so all her bags and shoes are pleather. Some of her bags are $2000 :-).

I think a jacket is better because a leather or pleather skirt can look shlumpy because the fit can get stretched etc. It's easier to drape a leather or pleather jacket.

Maya

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:52 pm
My $250 Anne Klein pleather jacket is holding up very well after being worn for two seasons. It definitely depends on quality.

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:20 pm
I consider it more of a winter thing. Probably full skirts would be more comfortable and airy than a tighter item like tops. As far as quality, the two fake leather skirts I got for my kids last year lasted pretty nicely.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:

If you do buy on ebay, you should put the item in your freezer for 24 hours before wearing to kill the mice.

are you sure you mean mice? I mean that would be pretty big not to notice ~ squeak

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 8:49 am
Thank you, Hotpink, for the great tip. I didn't know you can filter out things like that on Ebay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics