Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Queens shopping questions - TODAY

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 3:22 am
I was going to do some last-minute yomtov shopping in Brooklyn today but something came up and Queens is where I need to be. I'm thinking this is a good thing because Brooklyn was going to be a madhouse anyway. But I don't know Queens. Can amothers who know about Queens please advise me where to go? I am on a tight budget. Please provide as specific locations as possible. I do have a GPS so if I have street names I can find my way, I hope.

1. I would like to get a nice new skirt or two for me, something I can wear on Shabbos/yomtov but not necessarily very dressy, and NOT EXPENSIVE.

2. I could use some shells for children and adults. In Brooklyn I would have wanted to go to Basic Colors where adult shells are $10 and kid shells around $5. Is there anything like that in Queens?

3. Was also hoping to hit Uptown Girl in Brooklyn because they have less expensive snoods. Is there a less expensive snood/tichel place in Queens?

4. Need a few groceries of the kind that will probably only be kosher for Pesach in a Jewish store. Where's a nice Jewish grocery/supermarket with decent prices?

5. Socks. Regular socks for me and something shabbosdik for little girls. What are 3-5 year old little girls wearing for Shabbos these days anyway? Brooklyn has a few stores with good sock prices, do you have one in Queens?

I am for sure forgetting something. This can't be good. If you have some other favorite store for yomtov/bargain shopping in Queens, please tell me about it just in case Wink

Gosh this suddenly seems like such a long list to pack into one afternoon. I hope stores are open late...

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 8:43 am
Both Price Tag and Aishes Chayil are clothing store, both located by main st. Both are realtively decent priced. Meaning you could get yuntif skirts in the 50$ range, maybe a little more or less. Both places sell Shells.
For snoods etc. you can try sherels which is slightly expensive or not just hose. Again, both on main st. not just hose sells socks and tights as well
in terms of food shopping, we have Aarons which is cheapest but will likely be a madhouse. the store is set up terribly and is very hard to navigate. I never go here. I usually go to seasons, located on main st. prices are not amazing but not terrible and very good shopping enviornment. wassermans, on main st too, is also a kosher supermarket, very small though.
Good luck!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:23 am
Thanks!what cross streets am I looking for in Main Street?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
Both Price Tag and Aishes Chayil are clothing store, both located by main st. Both are realtively decent priced. Meaning you could get yuntif skirts in the 50$ range, maybe a little more or less. Both places sell Shells.
For snoods etc. you can try sherels which is slightly expensive or not just hose. Again, both on main st. not just hose sells socks and tights as well
in terms of food shopping, we have Aarons which is cheapest but will likely be a madhouse. the store is set up terribly and is very hard to navigate. I never go here. I usually go to seasons, located on main st. prices are not amazing but not terrible and very good shopping enviornment. wassermans, on main st too, is also a kosher supermarket, very small though.
Good luck!

I always shop at Arons Kissena Farms. Love it there. Prices are great. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. The "Passover Store" is in a tent connected to the main store. Not great, but definitely do-able. It will be a madhouse, but so will every kosher supermarket.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:27 am
I go to the hosiery store on Main Street near Wassermans supermarket it is a small store (yellow awning) prices are reasonable or at least comparable to bklyn. they have melas by the case and they sell shells and some nice kids clothes too. there is also a shopping mall in rego park (10 min drive from Main street) with big Century, tj maxx, century, old navy but you will need to park in the parking lot and its often crowded.
Good luck!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:28 am
would not reccomend aarons it will be a zoo. try farmers fresh depot on union turnpike the prices are good amd usually not crowded

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:51 am
Can you tell me more about this rego mall? How do I get there's? I don't really have major time for a mall but really really want nice skirt and the Jewish stores are so expensive. Problem is it's hard to find nice skirts anywher else. I came SO close found 2 perfect skirts in TJ Maxx near me but they didn't fit and I couldn't find them in any other size.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
Thanks!what cross streets am I looking for in Main Street?

If you are plugging it into GPS, the best intersection to use is Main St. and 73rd Ave.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:59 am
Thanks Rutabaga!

bezrasHashem1

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 12:14 pm
I was just at jcpenny at the mall a few blocks past the tjmaxx mall on union tpk.
They had done greet skirts, long and short. Itll def take time though it's a big store. If your short on time you're probably better off with the Jewish stores on main st

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 12:17 pm
What was the price range at JC Penney and how far is it from Main Street? Maybe if I finish everything else in record time I'll go there. I may be short on time but I really need something nice to wear and just can't stomach spending $50+ on one skirt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics