Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Any way to get medicine on better schedule?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:23 am
No way I'm going to be able to get pediatrician on the phone erev yomtov...

My kid is on Penn-VK 3x a day whose instructions say it's very important to space it exactly evenly, 8 hours apart around the clock, to maintain a steady amount of the medication in her bloodstream.

Someone (ahem) was a few hours late with a dose, and while I'm concerned about the lapse, bygones are bygones and now my main problem is that following 8 hours later has a dose happening at 4 AM. Tonight I have an alarm on my phone to deal with that, which is not going to be fun but at least hopefully doable. But two days of yomtov are coming and that's going to be significantly less convenient.

Anyone here a doctor or pharmacist or just very knowledgeable about this stuff and can tell me if there's a way to fix this? Can I give a couple of doses 7 hours apart to nudge the time a bit earlier than 4 AM? Hey with sedarim we might still be awake at 2 AM...

4Sisters

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:39 am
Contact your pharmacist. They are great at this stuff! If you can't contact your pharmacist b/c they're closed tomorrow, I think it's fine to call a 24 hour pharmacy and ask them (I did it once and explained the situation. They were fine about answering my question).

good luck and refuah shleima to you child.

supty

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:57 am
I don't remember which antibiotics it was, but my son was taking twice a day and the instructions also said that it's important to be 12 hrs apart. I was waking him up at midnight to give it to him until I decided to call the dr and ask cuz his schedule was getting so messed up. The dr said it was totally fine to give one dose a few hrs earlier to get his schedule back on track.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics