Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tylenol Every Night?
Previous  1  2

asp40

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 6:58 am
Please do not doubt your ability to nurse. If she has wet and dirty diapers and is gaining weight, you are fine. As for the night waking, babies do all kinds of weird things that are normal for them. Just when you think they are predictable, they do something new to change it up. You probably think you do not have an adequate daytime supple, because she nurses a lot during the day. If you hear her swallowing, then you have milk.

Wishing you luck. Nights are hard, but eventually they all sleep through the night.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 7:10 am
asp40 wrote:
Please do not doubt your ability to nurse. If she has wet and dirty diapers and is gaining weight, you are fine. As for the night waking, babies do all kinds of weird things that are normal for them. Just when you think they are predictable, they do something new to change it up. You probably think you do not have an adequate daytime supple, because she nurses a lot during the day. If you hear her swallowing, then you have milk.

Wishing you luck. Nights are hard, but eventually they all sleep through the night.

She has wet and dirty diapers. I've been nursing for 9 mos. and can tell that my supply is not the same. Sometimes there is something in there and I hear swallowing. Other times, hardly any swallowing. My letdown is often super slow and she often gets impatient and starts wiggling around which tenses me up and makes me even slower. She's also large. She weighs approx. 22.5 lbs. and until recently has been EBFing w/ a spoonful of food here and there so the weight is not all from food.

Yes, be"H one day she will sleep through the night and I might actually miss getting up with her.

mandr

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 7:59 am
Hey Tylenol was recalled more than once too. So don't bash Hyland's for he same reason. If anyhing I trust a company with a previous recall even more because the fda is probably more cautious and on top of them.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 8:10 am
mandr wrote:
Hey Tylenol was recalled more than once too. So don't bash Hyland's for he same reason. If anyhing I trust a company with a previous recall even more because the fda is probably more cautious and on top of them.

I wasn't trying to bash Hylands. I know nothing about them and probably can't buy any of their products as I doubt they are sold in Israel.

I'm clueless about numbing gels which makes me nervous. I know Acetaminophen is a drug, but I know that it's considered pretty safe just not on a regular basis.

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 11:24 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Excessive Tylenol can cause liver damage. If your supply is low maybe consider supplementing with formula before bed?

One dose of tylenol at night for teething--when it seems to be the worst, for at most a week or two will not cause liver damage.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 11:26 am
miami85 wrote:
One dose of tylenol at night for teething--when it seems to be the worst, for at most a week or two will not cause liver damage.

Thank you for making me feel better.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 11:32 am
mandr wrote:

I wasn't bashing Hylands, I was passing on information. I'm a cautious person and know that belladonna is toxic and lidocaine is problematic in kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics