Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Shalom Zachor on Pesach

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:14 am
We will bh be making a shalom zachor on pesach. What do we serve? We are Ashkenaz so no kitniyos and although we don't use many products, we were told we can serve it at the shalom zachor anyway. Most normal things that are served are not acceptable, ie. chick peas, beer, shnaps. So what do we serve? Just cake, fruit and drinks?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 8:43 am
Mazel tov! I was at a Pesach bris that just had fruit, chocolates and a "cake platter" of macaroons and ladyfingers. I left before the seudah.
OTOH, because of how it falls out this year, people might mish and eat. You may actually have people bringing you stuff. Ask a local rebbetzin or old-timer what to expect (now that you're no longer expecting Very Happy ).

myself

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:11 am
Mazel Tov. You can serve nuts too.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:24 am
My second princess had her naming during Pessach. We first planned to wait after (we have a month for us in our minhag) then decided to do it as my grandma was there. So we served cakes, tea, coffee, fruit juices.

A Chabad friend of dh, there was very few they can eat so they served, they had a pack of matsa, a bottle of orange juice and peeled fruits.

Very few caterers work on Pessach, fewer than restaurants. And while in your home you can serve homemade in shuls/halls they very often won't let. BTDT Smile

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:39 am
Potato kugel?

Mazel tov!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:52 am
So we figured we'd have fruit platters and cake with drinks.
we can't figure out where or how to warm up kugel so if we work that out then maybe we can include it but otherwise not.
I guess there really isn't much else to serve.

momX4

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:15 am
In my neighborhood they also put out chips, candy and chocolate

busydev

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:04 pm
Mazel Tov! I know its too late but I would think cake/cookies, candy, chips and soda.

my DS had his SZ on Friday night Yom Kipper. as did my brother. Nothing was served. No one showed up either...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics