Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Who's The First To Put Away Pesach?
1  2  Next

Sanguine

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 1:36 pm
Not me (yet)

My kids are working and I'm keeping out of their way... (my son/Chayal hogged the washing machine)

Who ate Kitniyot today (Israel)? The Chumous, peas, Bamba, Kariyot... just kept coming in the door from my kid's sfardi friends (they took pity on us)

Next question - When will you eat real chometz?

That's it - My break is over

Sanguine

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 3:00 pm
I'm done!! I don't think I was first - I guess the only competitive one who has to win the putting away game Wink

yo

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 3:31 pm
I just finished too! But I guess it's not fair given that I don't have real pesach dishes or cutlery. I also only own two pesachdik pans and a pot 😉.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 4:57 pm
We were at my parents all pesach, in the next yishuv over. It was lovely. My parents went out for pizza with friends in jerusalem and my sister and I cleaned up. We were finished before 10 pm. My parent's pesach cupboard is in their dinning room, so it was a sinch.
At home, we took out two boxes that had pesach stuff. It will take my husband and I about 20 minutes to put it back in the cupboard over the fridge tomorrow night.
We also had some chumus today. I dont even like chumus but wanted to have some kitniyot Smile

imaima

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 5:05 pm
One hour after havdalah, we were 90% done putting away stuff. The key to success is to put kids to sleep and not turn on the cell phone until you reach this point Smile

ray family

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 5:16 pm
just finished (sort of- still need to bring everything down to the machsan in the morning)
we keep rabeinu taam, then our guest hung out for a bit. by the time I put the kids to bed....
my husband isn't feeling well so it was all on me.
glad it's done though.
I strongly agree w/ imaima- first put the kids to bed. I'm listening to my neighbors kids who are still awake- crazy! (and I'm not talking about the teenagers)

Sanguine

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 5:21 pm
The thing that takes time is washing and waiting for things to dry - Dishes, pots, silverware... And all the counter covers. (I'm sure I put things away a little wet and will find mold next year).

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 5:35 pm
Sanguine wrote:
The thing that takes time is washing and waiting for things to dry - Dishes, pots, silverware... And all the counter covers. (I'm sure I put things away a little wet and will find mold next year).
We just wiped things as we finished washing them. The plastic that was on my parents table was hung over the dinning room chairs and dried off the entire time we were putting away.

Oy, dont put things away wet. then next year you will have to throw those things away.

Raisin

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 8:24 pm
we were eating pizza (homemade) 3 hours after pesach was out. And we have a lot of pesach stuff. About 10 big boxes. a few teens to help bh.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 8:59 pm
DONE!! Was out of town for last days, so everything was put away and catalogued Wednesday night.

Of course I still have counter to uncover, cabinets to open and a huge amount of stuff to put back where it belongs.

debsey

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:01 am
Just finished (yawn) but I was also doing laundry so it wasn't straight Pesach work. It is 2 AM and I wanna SLEEP!

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:07 am
Pesach - The Morning After -

DH couldn't find the coffee maker nor kumkum Sad

So DH boiled water on the stove to pour through a filter but our Chagaz shut the gas in the middle so the water was lukewarm and the coffee was lousy (he only half knows how to use the Chagaz) Sad Finaly had to get out of bed to get my own coffee together Sad

DH ran out early to buy bread and stuff Smile but he didn't think of milk (I hadn't either). So I got the coffee maker working but after the lousy coffee there was just enough milk left for one cup of coffee Sad So my mother and I about to kill each other for it... But then DD got up, running out to school so we gave her the milk (A mother and grandmother - what could we do?)

Ahhh - Now the men came home from shul - They will handle the milk problem. We will have good coffee and life will go back to normal Very Happy

Terrible weather - It was great for Pesach and today I'm doing laundry and I have a dryer so Who cares?

etky

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:43 am
Sanguine wrote:
Pesach - The Morning After -

DH couldn't find the coffee maker nor kumkum Sad

So DH boiled water on the stove to pour through a filter but our Chagaz shut the gas in the middle so the water was lukewarm and the coffee was lousy (he only half knows how to use the Chagaz) Sad Finaly had to get out of bed to get my own coffee together Sad

DH ran out early to buy bread and stuff Smile but he didn't think of milk (I hadn't either). So I got the coffee maker working but after the lousy coffee there was just enough milk left for one cup of coffee Sad So my mother and I about to kill each other for it... But then DD got up, running out to school so we gave her the milk (A mother and grandmother - what could we do?)

Ahhh - Now the men came home from shul - They will handle the milk problem. We will have good coffee and life will go back to normal Very Happy

Terrible weather - It was great for Pesach and today I'm doing laundry and I have a dryer so Who cares?

Your DD had school today? My kids are all still home!

etky

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:59 am
Yes, charming weather Sad
I feel bad for all the would-be Mimouna merry-makers.
Our Pesach put-away went relatively quickly last night though for the first time ever I postponed transferring the chametz food back to its usual cabinets and getting the pantry back in order to the day after. I must be getting old.
It takes me forever to consolidate stuff (I can't bear having two open packages of the same food item) and to organize everything anew. Until that is accomplished I don't really feel that Pesach is over. Still working on it...

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 3:13 am
etky wrote:
Your DD had school today? My kids are all still home!
My older daughter - University (my 14 yo doesn't take a cup of coffee on her way to school Very Happy )

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 3:24 am
etky wrote:
Yes, charming weather Sad
I feel bad for all the would-be Mimouna merry-makers.
Our Pesach put-away went relatively quickly last night though for the first time ever I postponed transferring the chametz food back to its usual cabinets and getting the pantry back in order to the day after. I must be getting old.
It takes me forever to consolidate stuff (I can't bear having two open packages of the same food item) and to organize everything anew. Until that is accomplished I don't really feel that Pesach is over. Still working on it...
I don't really have to empty cabinets cause I have 3 Pesach closets right in my kitchen but it can take me weeks to get everything back in their place cause I forget where I had stuffed things for Pesach (like my coffee maker Sad )

You're not getting old (maybe you are but...), it's that your kids are getting older so there's less of that urgency to have the house running as always.

Now, Mimouna - I know what it is - this sfardi party that everyone has to run out to before you even finished cleaning up Pesach (my kids) and somehow they have tons of fresh baked Chometz an hour after Pesach... But what is the point of it? You hear them saying This is the most important Chag and all the Achdut... But what is the meaning of it?

vicki

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 4:37 am
Sanguine wrote:
and somehow they have tons of fresh baked Chometz an hour after Pesach.

I was wondering the same thing. My wonderful neighbors brought over their fresh baked food maybe an hour after Shabbat/Pesach ended. How DO they do it? We were just hitting our stride in packing up. Not that I'm complaining.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 4:48 am
vicki wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. My wonderful neighbors brought over their fresh baked food maybe an hour after Shabbat/Pesach ended. How DO they do it? We were just hitting our stride in packing up. Not that I'm complaining.
And it usually takes the rabbi an hour to buy back our chametz

grace413

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 5:23 am
Sanguine wrote:
I don't really have to empty cabinets cause I have 3 Pesach closets right in my kitchen

I admit to being jealous.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 6:09 am
grace413 wrote:
I admit to being jealous.
Wasn't planned but worked out great. We had a nagar put in our kitchen (we built the house so everything was empty). I didn't have every closet planned but I thought I had enough, so I asked the nagar - What does it look like if I don't put top closets on the two sides of the stove? He said - I looks like you ran out of money LOL . So we put them in and they became Chalavi and Besari Pesach closets. Then there's one on top of the freezer that's not so convenient for daily use but it's perfect for Pesach pots and stuff.

But the best thing I had for pre-Pesach this year was - My son had rented an apartment with friends last year and came home this year with a smallish fridge which sits in a corner of my kitchen (doesn't make the kitchen look any better, but I'm not the type who cares). So I was able to clean my fridge more than a week before Pesach (my cleaning lady's day) and still have full use of a fridge for Chametz till the last minute. And then I just locked up that fridge for Pesach with all the things that always sit in your fridge - Jelly, soy sauce, mayo...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics