Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ohr Shraga playgroup

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 9:24 pm
Can you please share your experience about Ohr Shraga nursery? I'm specifically interested in 3 y.o. group. How are the teachers? Are they loving, caring and responsible? Thank you.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:24 pm
Are you referring to the school ohr shraga Veretsky in Brooklyn?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:49 pm
yes. on ave l
just saw their ad

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:52 pm
It is an excellent school. Very warm and loving environment. Great morahs. It is a very specific "type" that sends there, though. Make sure you will fit in, or you might feel uncomfortable.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:01 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
It is an excellent school. Very warm and loving environment. Great morahs. It is a very specific "type" that sends there, though. Make sure you will fit in, or you might feel uncomfortable.

What do you mean by the specific type? And what would you say about their education level - both jewish and secular?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
What do you mean by the specific type? And what would you say about their education level - both jewish and secular?

The student body is mostly heimish/Hungarian. A large percentage of fancy/wealthy people. Most of the kids watch movies/go to baseball games although many don't have a tv. I'm making the people sound shallow , which really they are not. I find the parent body lovely people, it's just that pretty much everyone grew up with certain standards, so if those standards are not normal for you, you might feel uncomfortable. Obviously, not everyone is the same exact type though. The hebrew department is excellent. The English department is so far pretty good. My oldest is in second grade and they learn math, English, science, history, computers, grammar, geography, etc... At a pretty high level. I hear that until fifth grade the secular Ed is great. Not as great, sixth and above. They hired a new principal for English who is working on changing that.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 11:04 am
Thank you sooo much. Left them a voice message, but no one called me back yet((

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:35 pm
Anyone knw about the day camp?
Preschool department.. Are there morahs or just teenage counsellors? And a weird question are the bathrooms for preschool in the classroom?
My son is not in this school but will probably go for the day camp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics