Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best tax prep software?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:35 pm
I know, I know, it's a bit late to ask. I've already filed for extension and 99% sure I don't owe anything, but want to try to finish up now as quickly as possible.

I have a couple of 1099s, both DH and I run very small businesses that each have both services and inventory, and every year I tell myself I will get an accountant to help us set up a workable system. Right now I don't have one yet, though.

I did OK in the past with Turbo Tax, but want to know how different softwares compare. Especially since in the past I used regular Turbo Tax but now I'm thinking with each of us having multiple business ventures going on at once, I should really be getting the Small Business version, which is already more expensive so may as well find out if something else will do as well.

Needs to be very user-friendly and walk through all steps of what needs to be entered for businesses/self-employment.

As I understand it, the main contenders are TurboTax, TaxAct, and HR Block. But I don't have a clue which would best meet my needs. Since we're talking I think under $100 each and on the other side of the scale the risk of a bad audit or potentially better refund, cost of the software is not a priority.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics