Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Glad it wasn't my kid saying that...

Yael3

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 7:32 am
I took my toddler to Shul. We were downstairs in the infant/toddler playroom and she was eating crackers I brought for her. A kid came over and asked if she could have one. I asked where her mommy was, and once I verified with her mom that it was okay, I gave her one. Then her sibling and other sibling and third sibling wanted one too. And of course, they kept wanting more. After a few rounds of crackers I explained to the kids that I needed to save some for my daughter. I added that had I known there would be so many hungry kids I would have brought more. One of the siblings, he must be about 3-4 years old, looked at me and responded: "Well, you need to plan better. I hope you learned your lesson".
OMG 😁

imaima

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 7:53 am
I hate such situations. I may say something snarky like "Your mom sure planned well though, she doesn't have to feed your lunch anymore!"

5mom

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 10:40 am
The kid is 3 or 4 years old! Clearly just repeating something he's heard. Actually, I think it's funny.

imaima

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 11:54 am
5mom wrote:
The kid is 3 or 4 years old! Clearly just repeating something he's heard. Actually, I think it's funny.

I know. I never said I was a chinuch expert though! So I am allowed to say whatever suits my fancy, as long as I am providing snacks. Don't like it? Don't send your kids to wander around and bring your own food.

LOL

Fox

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 12:13 pm
I think it's adorable!

It reminds me of a story my DD, a nanny, told the other day:

The 3-year-old in her care has begun phrasing every request with two alternatives and saying, "These are your options," as in "I want a cracker or I want a cookie. These are your options."

Of course, to anyone without kids, it would sound ridiculously chutzpadik. But any parent would recognize the technique immediately!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics