Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Party Entertainment/Ideas for girls ages 6 & 8 at HOME

msinalaw

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 1:07 pm
Hi
I am mostly inviting girls - there will about 20-25 girls
I have only one activity for them -which is painting a wooden picture frame or a door tag.

I need more idea - maybe games, or maybe someone hired some entertainment that they can suggest.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 7:50 pm
Jewellery/accessory making, cupcake/cookie/brownie decoration, make-your-own (individual) pizza station for activities.
For something with a bit more tzedaka twist, make toiletry sets/teatime sets/floral arrangements for senior resident homes or hospitals (call and discuss in advance).

For games, treasure hunt, pass the parcel, Israeli dance?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 10:12 pm
I did a party for a bunch of girls once, and it was SO fun! I taught them how to string beads and make a bracelet, and they had a blast. I didn't use plastic beads (which they were bored with because of summer camp), I used freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals, and some Czech seed beads to fill in. The bracelets were very fancy and Shabbosdik, and the girls felt like princesses working with such "expensive" beads. If you know where to shop, like Fire Mountain Gems, you can get them for really cheap, and it makes a huge impression on the girls.

Don't bother with clasps, use elastic cord and make stretch bracelets. My group of girls was a bit older, so I taught them how to use findings and crimp beads. They were extra impressed to be learning new skills.

Bonus, any beads that fall on the floor, have the girls do cleanup and tell them that they can keep anything that they find. The place will be spotless! Very Happy

thinkermother

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 12:53 am
I did an American girl themed party for my eight year old and made adorable crafts for pennies. Ask for details if this is of interest.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 1:02 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Jewellery/accessory making, cupcake/cookie/brownie decoration, make-your-own (individual) pizza station for activities.
For something with a bit more tzedaka twist, make toiletry sets/teatime sets/floral arrangements for senior resident homes or hospitals (call and discuss in advance).

For games, treasure hunt, pass the parcel, Israeli dance?

I absolutely love this idea. It's never too early to combine the idea of a birthday with tzedaka. It helps keep the idea of sharing the simcha, instead of focusing on getting material things. Adorable handmade cards to go with the projects would be so heartwarming, and would be treasured long after the toiletries would get used up (they should all live to 120). Very Happy

GreenMamma19

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 4:01 am
Wow that's really a lot of guests!...Have you considered making a spy-themed party?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics