Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to file a complaint

rdmom

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 3:27 pm
I ordered custom furniture 5 months ago. And now it is coming apart. The company I ordered it by says they can come patch it. But I don't think that is normal for it to happen after 5 months. I want them to replace it.
They say they will come and patch it but then they never show up.
I don't want anybody else to suffer like me. Where can I file a complaint? They aren't being helpful at all. Every time I call they send me to a million different people within the company and nobody has an answer for me.
Please help me.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 3:44 pm
rdmom wrote:
I ordered custom furniture 5 months ago. And now it is coming apart. The company I ordered it by says they can come patch it. But I don't think that is normal for it to happen after 5 months. I want them to replace it.
They say they will come and patch it but then they never show up.
I don't want anybody else to suffer like me. Where can I file a complaint? They aren't being helpful at all. Every time I call they send me to a million different people within the company and nobody has an answer for me.
Please help me.

have you escalated your complaints to the president of the company?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 4:04 pm
Send complaints in writing to company headquarters via registered mail so that there is a record that they got your letter.

You can call the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint as well.

SYA

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 4:09 pm
Going to the President / CEO or corporate office usually does the trick. If that doesn't work you can file a complaint online with the Better Business Bureau.

I once ordered something from Dell. It was never delivered. They put in the wrong name and address (didn't know where it was). I told them it's not my responsibility to find it. I sent a letter to the corporate office. Within a week I got a call from a senior official sending me a new item. They apologized for the poor service and gave us their direct number should the need ever arise again.

rdmom

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 4:54 pm
The problem is that this is a Heimish place in Brooklyn. There is no corporate office to speak of. And they aren't listed with the Better Business Bureau.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 4:58 pm
You want them to replace it - why? Chances are, the quality of the item they replace it with will be just as bad as your original item. Accept the offer of patching and consider it a lesson learned, that this is a company to avoid because they have bad stock.

As for the patching and not showing up, just call every day until they show up. Maybe ask for the number of the guy who does the patching, so you can call him directly and ask him when he will get to you.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 5:12 pm
rdmom wrote:
The problem is that this is a Heimish place in Brooklyn. There is no corporate office to speak of. And they aren't listed with the Better Business Bureau.

you say that every time you call they keep switching you to different people. you need to find out who the president of this small company is, and let him know what's happening

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 5:57 pm
Have you tried going in to the store and demanding to speak to the manager, and get a written promise of when a repairman will come to your house to fix it?

CPenzias

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 7:04 pm
Did you pay with credit card? If si the credit card company may be able to advise you.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 7:19 pm
I think you only have 90 days to dispute a CC charge, but it can't hurt to call them to see if they can help. If you bought it on AMEX, they have other benefits that may be applicable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries