Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can I make bracha on Challah if not all the dough has risen

Undefined

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:20 pm
I made 2 small batches of challah, one is whole wheat and uses fast rising yeast, in order to have enough for a Bracha I have to put them together. The whole wheat batch will be risen 2 hours before the white. can I still put them together to say Bracha or does the white have to be risen too? Tia

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:24 pm
ask a shaila. it may be an issue if the flours you use are not the same. I don't think rising has anything to do with it, I used to take challah before the dough rose anyway. taking challah is based on amount of flour used, not volume of dough.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:26 pm
I make a bracha as soon as it's totally mixed. Sometimes I knead it a bit first. I guess some opinions say it should rise first?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:26 pm
They don't need to rise. You need to put them together in a bowl that is big enough to hold the whole load, or alternately put it down in some clean plastic and pull up the ends around the dough to combine the batch for a minute. In fact the longer you wait to take challah the more likely you are to forget to do it.

Undefined

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:27 pm
Ok, thanks! I had once asked in the past about separate flours and was told it's ok. I just thought you had to make Bracha after the dough had risen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen