Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tell Me About Your Bungalow Colony, Pretty Please!!!
1  2  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Apr 18 2015, 10:53 pm
We are feverishly looking for a bungalow, and there is no online resource for this kind of thing. It all seems to be word of mouth, except I don't know many people to ask.

My husband was offered a job upstate, but we need accommodations for a family of 7. We are OOT yeshivish, and pretty flexible. Affordable is our key priority right now.

Anyone care to share details about bungalow colonies?

the world's best mom

Post Sat, Apr 18 2015, 11:02 pm
The most affordable colonies I know of are Sun Circle in South Fallsburg and Sun Valley- I'm not sure where that is. Bungalows are around $4000 in each. I'm assuming Sun Circle is full though- it's very hard to get in there.

Sun Valley has a mixed crowd- some Yeshivish people and some more modern I think. Bungalows are $4000 for the summer. There is no laundry room. There are some older couples and some younger. However, last year they were vandalized (during the winter) and moved to Alpine for the summer. I'm not sure which place they'll be in this year.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Apr 18 2015, 11:19 pm
Thanks for replying!

How would I find out who to be in touch with to get info about availabilities in these places?

Also, someone recommended trt bungalows, and ki Tov bungalows. Does anyone have information about either?

Thank you!

geshmak

Post Sat, Apr 18 2015, 11:40 pm
I know that you wrote that you are OOT, but if there is any way you can get hold of the Torah Times or Weekly Link, they have weekly ads for bungalows for rent. I believe the Hamodia also does. good luck.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 18 2015, 11:59 pm
Weekly Link may be available online. Or something like it.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:01 am
There's a place called Pleasant Valley (on Pleasant Valley Road) that some people I know went to last year. The prices seemed better than many other places. I don't know if they have any units large enough for a family with 7 kids. Also, not that many kids on grounds (there were a handful though), and you'd need to find day camp elsewhere (and get there)

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:13 am
Thanks so much everyone!

We are seven all together, btw, and two are toddlers.

Gonna try to get those circulars somehow.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:18 am
Ah, family of 7. I see now. Well then, if you like to rough it, a 2-bedroom unit should do and those are not as hard to find. And toddlers don't take as much to entertain. Good luck.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:33 am
The colonies that seem to be the type you are looking for:
TRT
Pregers/ Sheves Achim
Ki Tov
Menorah

Nachlei Emunah is a colony in Monticello its more Haimish

Sheldrake Hills( formerly Sheldrake Dorms) is a colony but the bungalows are individually owned, Many of the Owners sublet for a half or whole summer.

Bayit Vegan
Tel Yaffa
These two colonies are in the Woodridge neighborhood

As well you can look in Yated and Hamodia under bungalows for rent

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:57 am
Try shor yoshuv? Super cheap (&quite jalopy...) But lots of kids, day camp, and mud...

mfb

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 2:50 am
Check the distance between the bungalow colony you choose and where you're husbands job is. It can be quite a distance from one place to the next

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 8:13 pm
Thanks for all the advice! I checked the classifieds for the Weekly Link, nothing particular seems suitable. I could not find Torah Times online.

Are there any amothers that go to any of the colonies mentioned above?

Sheves Achim, Ki Tov, Shar Yoshuv, Pleasant Valley, Bayit Vgan, Tel Yaffa, TRT etc?

I need basic info, and also contact info for owners/managers. I feel so unconnected!!!

Thanks for all your help.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 8:16 pm
Also Menorah, Sun Circle, and Victory.

I think those are all the names I heard. I know not one person in any of them.

If anyone goes to any of these, can you at least share info about who to call to find out about vacancies?

Thanks so much!

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for all the advice! I checked the classifieds for the Weekly Link, nothing particular seems suitable. I could not find Torah Times online.

Are there any amothers that go to any of the colonies mentioned above?

Sheves Achim, Ki Tov, Shar Yoshuv, Pleasant Valley, Bayit Vgan, Tel Yaffa, TRT etc?

I need basic info, and also contact info for owners/managers. I feel so unconnected!!!

Thanks for all your help.

I went to bayis vgan for many years. What do you want to know?

working hard

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:02 pm
My parents go to TRT. It has a beautiful diverse crowd. Please ask and I will be happy to answer.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:03 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
I went to bayis vgan for many years. What do you want to know?

Most of all, whom to contact about available bungalows.

Also, what's the crowd like?

How much do these bungalows run?

Thank you!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:06 pm
working hard wrote:
My parents go to TRT. It has a beautiful diverse crowd. Please ask and I will be happy to answer.

Thank you for responding!

What is the crowd like? Who can I contact about available bungalows? How big is it?

Also, is there a day camp? Is it safe and well-run? Do I have to pay separately for it?

Thank you!!

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
Most of all, whom to contact about available bungalows.

Also, what's the crowd like?

How much do these bungalows run?

Thank you!

I believe the manager is eliezer gewirtzman. I dont have his number. The crowd is as follows: a section is mostly people in their 30's. Yeshivish crowd. B section is most of the old timers-my moms friends. They are in their fifties, many of them have kids and grandkids staying with them. Not yeshivish, but definitely not MO either. Old bungalows have 1.5 or 2 bedrooms. They are probalbly about $3000-$4000 per half. Tons of kids. Decent daycamp. Two pools. Very nice crowd.

working hard

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:38 pm
The crowd is a mix of yeshivish, litvish, sefardi, ashkenazi, Chassidish. One of the things many people love about the place is the fact that all the kids play together and everyone lives together with Achdus.
The colony has about 40 families on one side and 20 across the street, aside from the owners and their families.
There is a decent day camp for girls and younger boys as well as excellent learning groups for the boys with supervised sports in the afternoon. Everyone who rents a bungalow has to pay for minimum 3 daycamp slots and more if necessary.
The owner is Rabbi Tress: 845-425-4682.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 9:45 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
I believe the manager is eliezer gewirtzman. I dont have his number. The crowd is as follows: a section is mostly people in their 30's. Yeshivish crowd. B section is most of the old timers-my moms friends. They are in their fifties, many of them have kids and grandkids staying with them. Not yeshivish, but definitely not MO either. Old bungalows have 1.5 or 2 bedrooms. They are probalbly about $3000-$4000 per half. Tons of kids. Decent daycamp. Two pools. Very nice crowd.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the info! I got the number.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating