Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
1 Year Old Keeps Pulling Hair. Help!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 12:47 pm
My 1 year old keeps pulling everyones hair, sheitel, snood, etc, and she pulls really, really hard and won't let go. She's unbelievably strong for her age, which even the dr commented on. How do I get her to stop especially the hair pulling which is extremely painful? When I say "ow" or scream in pain, she just thinks it's funny and it eggs her on. The other day she even pulled off my MIL's sheitel in front of a bunch of peopplel. Any suggestions?

wife2

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 4:13 pm
I have the same issue. My 1 year old gets such a kick out of it and loves it when we say no, it makes him laugh and do it more. I just stop him and pull him away each time. Try not to react so strongly. I do work on saying nice, and giving kisses so when I see him getting close to my dd, I try to encourage him to give a kiss instead. It is very, very tough. You need to remove him from the situation and constantly be aware and watching before he gets too close. you need to grab his hands all the time.

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 10:52 pm
Sounds like my 1 year old. He loves pulling off my snood or wig, and yanks his siblings hair. It helps me to face him away from me when I'm holding him so his hands can't reach my head. However he did figure out how to bang his head backwards into me too...I need to figure out which hurts more...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics