Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why are kids so mean?????

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 3:56 pm
This isn't the first time ive heard of kids doing this. Sad

http://insider.foxnews.com/201.....party

Hundreds of strangers banded together to attend a little girl's 10th birthday party.

Mackenzie Moretter, of Shakopee, Minnesota, has a rare genetic disorder that has slowed her development and made it difficult for her to make friends.

When no one responded to invitations to Mackenzie's 10th birthday party, her mother started a social media campaign, and Mackenzie got much more than a party.

“Hello moms. I'm writing because I have a beautiful daughter named Mackenzie who is turning 10. I recently invited several girls to her birthday party this Saturday. I got cancelations or no calls at all saying whether they're coming or not," Jenny Moretter wrote in a Facebook event invite.

"I'm reaching out to moms who have daughters between the age of 9 - 11 that would love to come to a birthday party ... You don't have to bring gifts or stay long, just stop by and wish her a happy birthday."

Incredibly, more than 300 people showed up for Mackenzie's party on Saturday, with local businesses donating food and strangers giving hundreds of presents.

A GoFundMe campaign was also created, raising more than $2,000 to host the birthday party.

Mackenzie and her mother were overwhelmed by the outpouring of support.

"Thank you all for coming," Mackenzie's mom said at the event. "I cannot thank you enough."

Watch the feel-good clip above and check out the GoFundMe campaign.

sweetpotato

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 3:58 pm
Sad story with a beautiful ending. It has nothing to do with kids being mean, but everything to do with their parents.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 4:07 pm
That was so beautiful. I cried.

Maya

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 4:10 pm
sweetpotato wrote:
Sad story with a beautiful ending. It has nothing to do with kids being mean, but everything to do with their parents.

I agree.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 4:56 pm
I think there are women on Imamother who are pretty mean, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics