Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What have you ordered from Amazon?
1  2  Next

mirror

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:34 am
What have you ordered from Amazon?

grace413

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:44 am
Crockpot
Nose drops
Books
Crystal Light
Socks
Bras for DD
Plastic tablecloths

No doubt other stuff that I can't remember.

lizard8

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:46 am
The real question is what don't I order from amazon? I have amazon prime, so many times I purchase from amazon because of the delivery speed. I also like to order items that may break, they are pretty good with returns and exchanges. In the winter, I buy a lot because of the convenience of not having to go to another store. Many times they have great sales, so I''l buy items that I would usually buy in stores.
Food items: coffee, apple sauce
Baby: Diapers, wipes, lotions
electronics: mp3 players, cases for phone and iPad, dvd, batteries, bluetooth
clothing: Bought a few dresses post-baby when I couldn't go around shopping. I also bought shoes
toiletries: deodorant, shampoos
toys: tricycle, walker, baby swing, baby excersaucer
assrted: costumes, ribbon, cookie cutter specific shape, luggage

These are just some of the items I buy.
I split amazon prime with a few people, so I only pay about $20/year.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:51 am
Study Study Study Study Study Study

Nerd Books, books, and more books. Did I mention books? Very Happy

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:55 am
Books, until I discovered Book Depository (free shipping even to Israel, as opposed to paying Amazon's exorbitant shipping rates!)
Cloth diapers I couldn't find locally

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
Books, until I discovered Book Depository (free shipping even to Israel, as opposed to paying Amazon's exorbitant shipping rates!)
Cloth diapers I couldn't find locally

Ooooh, thanks for the info!

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:08 pm
I'm with Lizard. I buy as much as possible from Amazon. I'm a prime member; I use Amazon Pantry; I'm a Kindle Unlimited member. My back deck is cleared and ready for when the drones start!

mirror

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:14 pm
lizard8 wrote:
cookie cutter specific shape, luggage

1. How do you find out about the sales?

2. Just curious, what shape cookie cutters?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Ooooh, thanks for the info!

You're quite welcome! They have special sales a couple times a year that are especially good, but they have decent prices overall even when there isn't a big sale.

Always happy to help a fellow bookworm. Wink

Barbara

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:21 pm
Fox wrote:
I'm with Lizard. I buy as much as possible from Amazon. I'm a prime member; I use Amazon Pantry; I'm a Kindle Unlimited member. My back deck is cleared and ready for when the drones start!

Do you have Amazon Prime Now where you're located? It's the next best thing to drones. There's a very limited variety of goods available, but if they have it, it's delivered in 2 hours, free of charge (although you are expected to tip the delivery person).

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:29 pm
Disposable adult bibs

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:33 pm
Barbara wrote:
Do you have Amazon Prime Now where you're located? It's the next best thing to drones. There's a very limited variety of goods available, but if they have it, it's delivered in 2 hours, free of charge (although you are expected to tip the delivery person).

Sadly, no. I was kidding about the drones (kind of). I do like the idea of having one dropping boxes on my deck, though.

I'm actually concerned that my love affair with Amazon is making me sort of agoraphobic. I work at home, and thanks to Amazon, the only things I need to go out for are certain food items and dollar store stuff. I find myself becoming increasingly aggravated when I'm actually called upon to leave the premises.

Smile

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 12:40 pm
Another Amazon lover here. Yay for Prime. I have bought housewares (kitchen stuff, just bought laundry hampers, sheets, Shabbos lamps, you name it), food (including MM for my machatanim), books, teaching supplies, toys and games, clothing. Whenever I need something, I shop first online, and their shipped price (with Prime free shipping) is usually best.

hotmom

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:09 pm
Love Love Amazon, prime is super great and their customer service and returns are super!! Yay Amazon!!

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:16 pm
I love amazon. I get everything from kitchen applies to kids clothing.

Is there a way to split prime between a few people, but everyone uses their own account and shipping addresses?

mirror

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
I love amazon. I get everything from kitchen applies to kids clothing.

Is there a way to split prime between a few people, but everyone uses their own account and shipping addresses?

Absolutely.

Click on link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/.....44180

Quote:
To manage sharing your Amazon Prime membership:
Important: You must use the Amazon.com Full Site (not mobile) to invite household members.
Go to Manage Prime Membership .
Click Invite a household member.
You can then do the following:
Share your membership by entering the name, relationship, birthday, and e-mail address of the person you'd like to share the membership with along with your birthday.
Note: The person you invite will need to know the month and day of your birthday to accept the invitation.

You don't need to be related to the person. You just need to share birthday information and email.

acccdac

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:22 pm
about sales.....

kosheronabudget.com
dailycheapskate.com
"today's deal" on the top of the amazon page

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:22 pm
Thanks! And they can't see my account info? And it ships to their own address when they order?

mirror

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! And they can't see my account info? And it ships to their own address when they order?

Exactly. Unless you are buying a gift for someone and choosing to send it to their address. The recipient won't be able to see your account information.

My birthday was last month. Hint. Hint.

little_mage

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 1:35 pm
I'm with the what don't I order camp. We're prime members, and in addition to what everyone else has already mentioned, we also watch/buy lots of tv from instant video, although I realize that may not be everyone's cup of tea on this site.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics