Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where did you buy your sofa?

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 2:52 pm
I'm in the market for a new sofa. In the past I've purchased my sofa from a local cheap furniture store and haven't been too happy. They were cheapy and not so comfotable. I'm looking to get a new sofa that is affordable, durable and trendy. I would really like something faux leather so I could clean it easily. Any leads? Where did you purchase your sofa? Are you happy with it?

momx6

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 4:10 pm
I bought my couch at couch potato in boro park. Its material and I'm thrilled with it. (it has a double recliner)

watergirl

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 4:36 pm
Location would help.

chips1

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 4:42 pm
I got mine from Jennifer's Convertibles on Coney Island Ave off of Kings Hwy. Ikea has nice ones too.

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 5:18 pm
What do you have in mind? How many seats? What features are important to you? What is your price range?

With sofas in general, I find that even the expensive ones don't have that long of a life. They need to be replaced every 5-10 years, sometimes sooner if you have a lot of kids who abuse the couch.

scrltfr

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 5:38 pm
I had horrible experiences at jennifer convertibles. Just bought one from bobs.

Pink Flamingo

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:07 pm
I have a couch from bob's and I love it!

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:23 pm
I'm in Cali, no bobs here but my SIL also got her sofa there and loves it. We have Jennifer convertibles, ikea etc. I guess big chain stores.

Just saw a gorgeous sofa at crate and barrel, but it's out of my price range, called the Axis II. I'm looking for a sofa with a chaise. Gray.

Any secret great chain stores with affordable sofas that I don't know about? Wink

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 6:27 pm
Ok. I was gonna post that for sofas the local Jewish stores give you the most for your money. Maybe try to stick to a reputable brand like Ashley, Berkline etc.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:12 pm
Macys

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 7:33 pm
Habitat for Humanity and I love them. I paid $250 for the set and they were basically new, Hickory and White brand, and wonderful in every way.

Anon because I tell lots of people about this.

bcimhappy

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 8:24 pm
Ikea has really comfy and nice ones. Bobs also

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:14 pm
We bought ours at La-Z-Boy.

We had no idea they sold anything other than recliners, but they were in the same parking lot as another furniture store so we popped in to take a look. They have some really nice stuff! We chose a style that only came in a limited choice of colors, but we were able to upgrade to a different material/pattern for a couple of hundred extra dollars. The sofa has held up really well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics