Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Belz girls school in Monsey
1  2  3  Next

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 8:31 pm
We are looking into schools in Monsey and Belz has come up as a possibility. We are not Belz ourselves though and we want to make sure our girls will feel comfortable. Does anyone know what the parent body is like?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:28 pm
Very chassidish and most kids are belz. The attitude is holier than thou.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:29 pm
I've gone there myself, but quite a few years ago. We're not Belz either (or any Chassidus really).

The school was still newer then, and I think I had more neutral classmates than Belze ones. The school itself was also more neutral.

However I think recently there's been a shift towards becoming more Belz and more chassidish.

Although I think it still is more neutral than the other big chassidish schools (Satmar, Viznitz, Pupa).

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 10:01 pm
I know that it's more of a neutral school. It's not like other chasidish schools, there are alot of belz girls but just as much as not belz or neutral chasidish.

sourstix

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 10:07 pm
hatzlach.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:10 pm
I disagree with the holier than thou statement. However, there's a strong Belz unity in the school but we always had non Belzers there and they were totally part of us.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 10:54 am
My experience with individuals in the school was not a "holier than thou attitude." I know some non Belzers that went to the school, and some Belzers too. I would definitely say that I was pretty impressed with them when compared to other standard Chassidishe schools in Monsey. It is Monsey, so it's not going to be like a BP school (I mean that socially, academically, etc. etc.), but if you belong there, you could really enjoy it.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Although I think it still is more neutral than the other big chassidish schools (Satmar, Viznitz, Pupa).

This. That's why some BT couples who are not strongly affiliated with any group decide to send their children there. I think they are happy with their choice and the girls are well integrated.

wifenmother

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 11:05 am
Over the years the parent body has become more Belz, though there is still a fairly large percentage of non-
Belz students. Academically they're on a higher level than Pupa or Viznitz - more in line with Bais Rochel. Good luck getting in - you'll need that if you aren't Belz. And FYI - they tend to respond with whether or not you're accepted somewhat later than other schools, so you may be kept waiting...

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:19 pm
thanks for all the replies. anyone know if any mothers drive there? also, how possible is it to get it in? can I call for an application or will it be an immediate "No"?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for all the replies. anyone know if any mothers drive there? also, how possible is it to get it in? can I call for an application or will it be an immediate "No"?

Even if they say "no" immediately, you should still apply. I know someone (not Belz) who was initially told no, but later applied and was accepted. She is very happy in the school. There are some mothers who drive there, but I do not believe that they official accept driving mothers, especially if you and your family are not Belz.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:21 pm
I know mothers who drive and send their girls.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:24 pm
regarding the driving---do they have special connections that the school took them in or they really don't care if the mother drives?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
regarding the driving---do they have special connections that the school took them in or they really don't care if the mother drives?

The ones I know are both Belz. It's very different when you belong to a chassidis and happen to drive than if you are an outsider. I heard that they are no longer accepting driving mothers, though it is probably evaluated on a case by case basis. Why don't you just call and ask for an application....? How much do you know about the school?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:

The people I know, they are not Belz, had very good connections, but I don't know if driving was really an issue.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:38 pm
Question is---if we're not Belz and I drive and I call for an application, will I just get the door slammed in my face? Do I need to start off with finding a connection/someone to help me or will I be seriously considered on my own merits if I call myself?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Question is---if we're not Belz and I drive and I call for an application, will I just get the door slammed in my face? Do I need to start off with finding a connection/someone to help me or will I be seriously considered on my own merits if I call myself?

You should call and see how it goes.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:52 pm
"magenta amother" do you agree to just call up? anyone else have a feeling on the best approach?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:55 pm
please call on your own, and see how it goes from there.
fill out the application etc. then wait a week. if they dont call , you call them. I know this isnt fun. hang in there. dont let anyone be negative to you. keep on trying. dont give up. I was at a very low point. and bh I got in without anyone calling or going crazy. I was very lucky but you can too. so be hopeful but cautious.
I didnt send to belz, I am just talking about my experience.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:57 pm
I was just going to write "you should call and see" when I saw Scrabble123 had been faster than me!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics