Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Belz girls school in Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 3:23 pm
glad to hear you are all so positive Very Happy
now, just so I can be prepared for any outcome... if I call and I do get the door closed in my face, what is my next step? I do believe my girls belong there and it would be a good fit. not only that, but I don't see anywhere else that would make sense so I need to make this work!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 4:19 pm
Some of my neighbors & cousins go to belz school, from what I hear & see it's the same as any other chassidish school in Monsey.
& driving is a no no exept there r special circumstances.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
glad to hear you are all so positive Very Happy
now, just so I can be prepared for any outcome... if I call and I do get the door closed in my face, what is my next step? I do believe my girls belong there and it would be a good fit. not only that, but I don't see anywhere else that would make sense so I need to make this work!

You look into other options. What about a school like Sanz or Bobov (there are going to be 2 next year). Vien is opening a girls school next year as well, and they will allow driving mothers. You consider getting rid of your license if that would be necessary. I'm not saying it is, just saying that you have to think about all of your options and weigh pros and cons in different direction.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:11 pm
Where did you hear that vien is allowing driving mothers? I heard otherwise

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:26 pm
I have a neighbor who used to drive but stopped when her children were accepted into Belz. You might want to consider that..

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:34 pm
I've heard that vein scho won't allow the mothers to drive.

loveraizy

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:06 pm
you can try Bobov 45 they have a good girl school

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 11:12 pm
does Bobov allow mothers to drive?

can anyone explain what is deemed wrong about women driving? Isn't it more tznius to be unseen in a car than walking in full view down the street? sorry, not meaning to take this off on a tangent, I have just always had this question....

mother4

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 1:17 am
Not trying to be negative, but in general these schools like Belz, Pupa, Bobov are extremely picky with outsiders (meaning those that are not Belz) I highly doubt you will have it easy, especially if you are driving. It's that universal competition between the schools who could be more frum and accept "better families" (I.e. money and status) and although I think driving is a blessing, the chassidish schools are not too positive regarding it.
So, don't be shocked if they make it difficult for you. Just saying.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
Where did you hear that vien is allowing driving mothers? I heard otherwise

amother wrote:
I've heard that vein scho won't allow the mothers to drive.

I have also heard those rumors, but I have heard otherwise from individuals involved in the school. Also, you should know that new schools cannot afford to not allow driving mothers, and almost every school in Monsey allowed mothers to drive at one point (including Satmar). Anyways, OP should call and find out.

amother wrote:
does Bobov allow mothers to drive?

can anyone explain what is deemed wrong about women driving? Isn't it more tznius to be unseen in a car than walking in full view down the street? sorry, not meaning to take this off on a tangent, I have just always had this question....

I do not believe that Bobov 45 allows driving anymore, but you can try. Bobov 45 is a full school and they do not even have enough room for their own at this point, but there is no harm in trying. The driving question is a tangent and has been discussed at length many times.

OP, I'm not trying to call you out, but what makes you feel that Belz is the fit for you?

wifenmother

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:12 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
I do not believe that Bobov 45 allows driving anymore, but you can try. Bobov 45 is a full school and they do not even have enough room for their own at this point, but there is no harm in trying. The driving question is a tangent and has been discussed at length many times.

OP, I'm not trying to call you out, but what makes you feel that Belz is the fit for you?

Bobov 45 won't accept you if you aren't Bobov and drive. My cousin (not Bobov) sent her daughter there when she moved to Monsey, got her license a while later, and when she tried registering her younger daughter a year or two after that they told her that her license would have to go in order to accept her younger daughter. They didn't kick her older daughter out, but she couldn't get her younger one in anymore once she had her license. That's aside for the fact that they are jam packed and don't accept anyone easily in the first place.

My friend sends to Belz and drives. But her oldest is in seventh grade already.

OP - what ages are your daughters? Because new schools like Sanz, Bobov 48, and Vien will only have pre-school next year.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:14 am
wifenmother wrote:

OP - what ages are your daughters? Because new schools like Sanz, Bobov 48, and Vien will only have pre-school next year.

Sanz is not a new school - they have many classes. I'm referring to Klausenberg...

wifenmother

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:23 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Sanz is not a new school - they have many classes. I'm referring to Klausenberg...

Klausenberg may have all of elementary by now, but Sanz is a new school that may possibly have first grade, but not more than that.

Klausenberg wouldn't accept my neighbor's daughter several years ago for daycamp even though it's the most erlicha home because she drives. I wonder then if they'll consider a mother that drives for school.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:25 am
deleted

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Fri, Apr 24 2015, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ella1

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 1:43 pm
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but if you're not Belz and you drive I don't see why they would accept you unless there's an extraordinary circumstance or you have a great connection/money---hate to put it this way, but I think its reality.
There's so much competition and frankly they don't need anyone--they're plenty full- so why should they bother extending themselves to a less than perfect (in their eyes) family?

There is a new school, Bnos Derech Yisroel, that does allow mothers to drive. Perhaps try there?

Hatzlocha raba!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 12:53 pm
what happened.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
what happened.

What makes you think something happened?

Were you trying to ask the OP to post a follow up and let us know what happened when she applied?

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:20 pm
My aunt sent/sends a few girls to Belz. They told her for #3 that she has to stop driving. They wouldn't accept their graduate (oldest class) non belz child.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 10:18 am
Its sounds like there's inconsistencies regarding the driving, anyone have a clear picture?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:41 pm
The chassidish schools absolutely do not allow driving unless there is a very very good reason.
Like single mom, illness
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics