Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Need no bake cheesecake recipe
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:45 pm
I made ramom's cheesecake on pesach with some changes (specifically plain greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, I made a crust using pesach crumbs).

It doesn't have the same consistency as cheese cake but I enjoyed it very much.

Chickpea

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:51 pm
sky wrote:
I made ramom's cheesecake on pesach with some changes (specifically plain greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, I made a crust using pesach crumbs).

It doesn't have the same consistency as cheese cake but I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks for the feedback.
Did the honey impart a noticably different taste than sugar?

Chickpea

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 9:16 pm
cbsp wrote:
I'm glad. I actually made the (baked) cheese cake cupcakes from the Binah this past Pesach so I had the idea in mind. My goal was to make them first, then kasher, bake pareve, then keep the oven fleishig for the rest of yontif. Instead we started cooking too late for such luxuries so I ended up making them chol haMoed, but once my oven was milchigs I also baked a lasagna (1st time!) which was a hit. So I gained in the end. But I like the last recipe above, if you try it out with sugar please post the results...

That's what I did this past Pesach too. I kashered the fleishig oven, first baked pareve, then switched back to fleishig. I use my combination microwave/ convection oven strictly for milchigs for the rest of the year. I don't plan on making this cheesecake until Shavuos(as a test drive for next Pesach's cheese cake).
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use sugar. If I do, I'll for sure let you know how it comes out. Btw, My next venture is finding the perfect chocolate cake recipe. I feel like I gained weight today after having talked so much about cheesecake!
ETA: maybe we can compare our lasagna recipes. I make a really good one with homemade tomato sauce.

sky

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 6:04 pm
Chickpea wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.
Did the honey impart a noticably different taste than sugar?

when I first made it I tasted the batter and the taste of the honey was very strong, I regretted putting in so much. After freezing it the taste was much more subtle and not strong at all.
I'm wondering if maybe the honey also serves as some sort of binder, more then sugar, but I don't know.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics