Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Ikea Highchair

yogabird

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:00 pm
Does anyone have this?

Are you happy with it? Does it hold up well or is it flimsy? Is it functional or a pain to use/clean?

I like the price Smile , and I like the clean, neat, compact look, but I don't want to have to replace it soon after I buy it because it broke, or doesn't work, or is just a pain, so if anyone has any real life experience with this product, please chime in.

Thanks!

yenny

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:12 pm
It's quite sturdy and lasted a while. but there is no wiggle room so it's hard to get an older child out

yogabird

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:14 pm
yenny wrote:
It's quite sturdy and lasted a while. but there is no wiggle room so it's hard to get an older child out

What's considered older? Do you mean like a chunky 2 year old? My baby is almost 11 months old now, but very small for his age. Will he fit for another year?

yenny

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:33 pm
Sorry I don't remember. It's been a while. But I do remember it was harder than the other companies I've had in the past.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:37 pm
My very chuncky 2.5 year old fits in, but he makes a fuss about sitting in a highchair all together

yogabird

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:41 pm
teawithlemon wrote:
My very chuncky 2.5 year old fits in, but he makes a fuss about sitting in a highchair all together

Lol. Are you otherwise happy with it? Any problems I should know about?

benny

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 6:05 pm
I have it and was very happy with it. Didn't take up much room, very easy to move around, easy to clean. My kid is skinny so never had issue getting in and oUt. Also like the look!

yogabird

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 8:59 pm
3 satisfied consumers is enough for me!

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:47 pm
For $15 how wrong can it go? Though I know they have had recalls on similar models in the past. Hopefully they have learned how to get it right by now.

baker1

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:50 pm
I am so upset, I just tried to order it online and they told me that it is out of stock and they will no longer be making it!!
Anyone purchased one recently?

yogabird

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:30 pm
seeker wrote:
For $15 how wrong can it go? Though I know they have had recalls on similar models in the past. Hopefully they have learned how to get it right by now.

19.99 with the tray Wink . If I have to replace it in a month or 2 with a more expensive one, it will still have been 20 wasted dollars, and nothing gained.

Also, I can't afford to have it break or tip over while baby's inside.

Confused About the recalls. Sure hope you're right...

Last edited by yogabird on Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

yogabird

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:31 pm
baker1 wrote:
I am so upset, I just tried to order it online and they told me that it is out of stock and they will no longer be making it!!
Anyone purchased one recently?

I checked on the inventory in the Brooklyn store yesterday, and they had 32 pieces available.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:33 pm
My parents have it for when we come over. It's not the easiest to figure out how to attach the tray, but it is functional. We don't use it very often though, one one weekend every couple of months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics