Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What should I make with my ground turkey?

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 11:32 pm
In need of some inspiration tonight.

Usually I mix the turkey half-and-half with beef and use one of my favorite old standby ground beef recipes, but today I have only the turkey, it's already been defrosted for too long so I need to make something now for eating tomorrow, and I'm just not feeling in the mood for the same old even though the same old are family favorites.

So, what goes well for ground turkey?

SRB

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 11:52 pm
I make turkey meatballs with sauce and serve over rice.

boysrus

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 12:00 am
Turkey bolognese sauce.

Fry an onion, brown the turkey, pour in a cn of tomato sauce, add spices. Bring to boil, then simmer for 45 minutes and serve with spaghetti or rice.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 12:14 am
boysrus wrote:
Turkey bolognese sauce.

Fry an onion, brown the turkey, pour in a cn of tomato sauce, add spices. Bring to boil, then simmer for 45 minutes and serve with spaghetti or rice.

That's kind of what I usually do with meat, but what spices do you like with the turkey?

boysrus

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 12:20 am
[quote="seeker"]That's kind of what I usually do with meat, but what spices do you like with the turkey

smll amount of salt and pepper. lots of garlic powder. can add chili if you want.

lar103

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 5:28 am
Put ground turkey in a pot on the stove with shawarma spice, a little salt, a little oil and a little water. Mix into little pieces. Serve in pita with techina.

shevi82

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 5:50 am
I make meatballs from ground Turkey

You can also grate in a whole Zucchini with the peel a onion and a potato add garlic , eggs, bp and salt.
Shape into hamburgers and fry.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 8:42 pm
- You can do turkey meatloaf or turkey mince kebabs (season with chopped onion, paprika, salt & pepper, optional fresh parsley, make flattish mounds with wooden sticks/bamboo skewers in the middle).

- If you want something slightly unusual, you can use ground turkey for filling in cigarim/meat borekas (season with paprika, cumin, mix with chopped onion, sautee meat filling first, use either fillo dough or wonton wrapper), kreplach (I use wonton wrapper, seal edges with a wet finger, boil and serve once they float to the top), or stuff large mushrooms (remove cap, stuff and sprinkle herbed breadcrumbs and bake).

- Or oriental meatballs with chopped waterchestnut, salad onion, season with some ginger and toasted sesame oil. Fry or bake or boil, great served with rice or noodle with stir-fried vegetables.

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 8:49 pm
Make a cream soup (zucchini, califlower etc). Make turkey mixture (egg, spices, breadcrumbs) shape into balls and plop into soup. Comes out delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey