Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baby gates! Need one now!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 7:27 pm
Anyone have a recommendation for a baby gate?
Needs to be pressure mounted as I live in an apartment and my landlord is not the nicest/fairest so will go crazy when we leave if there are holes in the wall. Landlord already drives us crazy as it is.
I would love a walk through so it doesn't have to be put back up each time we need to go in that room....
This is an emergency as my DS walked into the kitchen today. Eek!
Thanks!

mommy27

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 7:35 pm
The first years hands free gate is one we used for many years. It's pressure mounted, VERY sturdy, and just like it says, hands free. It's easy to close, and for adults, easy to open. Children who don't weigh much will find it harder to open, but my at the time 7 year old managed just fine by jumping on the pedal. The only thing I didn't like was that after a while, where the ends pushed into the wall, the outermost layer of paint rubbed off (to be fair, it was pretty cheap paint). If that isn't an issue, you should definitely go for this one.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 1:35 am
mommy27 wrote:
The first years hands free gate is one we used for many years. It's pressure mounted, VERY sturdy, and just like it says, hands free. It's easy to close, and for adults, easy to open. Children who don't weigh much will find it harder to open, but my at the time 7 year old managed just fine by jumping on the pedal. The only thing I didn't like was that after a while, where the ends pushed into the wall, the outermost layer of paint rubbed off (to be fair, it was pretty cheap paint). If that isn't an issue, you should definitely go for this one.

Thanks but I think my toddler may figure out the stepping mechanism. Hes a bit clever in this way Smile. What about the ones you lift the handle to open? Ever try those?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics