Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me sleep train my baby

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:45 pm
My baby is 6 months and still wakes up 3 times a night! I'm going insane, I do believe its bec we co-sleep, ( no bashing please) I've been trying now for a few weeks to first get er to sleep in her own bed so that she doesn't smell me but she won't sleep. I've tried putting her to sleep on me and transferring her but she wles up the second I put her down. I've tried lettingher cio but she won't let up and I end up giving in, any advice is helpful
TIA

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 9:58 pm
Hugs OP! I'd love to hear what posters suggest, for exactly this age....I can so relate right now. What do you mean that you try to put her to sleep on you- literally, or feeding her?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 10:34 pm
Yup feeding her or rocking her in my arms

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 10:40 pm
It's not bashing but you are simply waking her up. She is waking you up. Everybody is waking everybody up. People don't sleep like wooden Indians they wiggle and move.

Does the doc say this age should be sleeping more hours? Maybe all six monthers wake up a few times here and there?

If she is in a growth spurt, she simply needs the water and food more frequently. It will pass.

You might try not "her bed," but a bassinet, right next to your bed, so she can see and smell you, and you can reach out and touch her when she stirs or complains, so she has that closeness also.

In the day, when she naps, down you go; you must nap too; but you knew that. It will pass. Hugs.

baker1

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 10:43 pm
I'm in the same boat and do not co-sleep! I actually just moved her into her own room! nothing helped! I would love some advice...

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 11:23 pm
At 6 months of age, she does not 'need' to eat at night. She is waking and eating from habit. For the next week, every time she wakes up at night, you can cuddle her back to sleep but DO NOT feed her. Eventually she will learn that there is no benefit to waking up during the night.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 11:26 pm
Same here but my issue is that I can't get my baby to sleep at night or back to sleep in middle of the night. We co sleep bec my baby refuses to sleep in his crib and I'm not getting much sleep bec of it.

smss

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 11:28 pm
she wakes up 3 times over how many hours?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 11:40 pm
I think it is bad to deny a baby food and water. Just feed the baby.

If the kid is on a reverse cycle, and sleeps a lot in the day and wakes in the night, you sleep when he does, in the day. This will pass. He will get it.

Not bashing, but this is why I don't favor co-sleeping. If it's all the kid knows, of course it is considered the norm, and then you get this. But I am not in favor of having a "baby's room". That's too far away. In the same room is best I think. Maybe even right next to the bed if convenient.

I used to whisk the kid into the living room, quick-quick before my husband woke up, because he had to earn the money, and couldn't be tired. I learned I could see in the dark if I gave myself a minute to adjust.

Anyway it all worked out.

Hugs. Try to be patient.

chani8

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 1:16 am
The proper way to sleep train your baby is to plan on not getting much sleep yourself for about three nights. You put your baby in her bed at bedtime, after you are sure she's had enough calories for the day, at a time that works for you to go to bed too, because you are going to sleep in there with her. Either you or your husband sleeps in her room with her for the first night for up to three nights. After that, you shouldn't need to do more than sit with her while she falls asleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics