Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift (or any valuable item) from Israel??

MiniMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 2:14 am
So dh is going to israel for lag b'omer this yr & he asked me already what he can get me or the kids from there.. I told him not to make a pressure out of it but he still wants to get something, & I obviously want it to be exclusively from there.. meaning something u can't really get in the US..

I don't wanna stock up on loads of dead sea products.. if you have a specific name of a cream or something I'd appreciate. ..

Are there any items you appreciated getting from israel? I have a 3 yr old boy & 5 yr old girl.

Tia!!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 2:20 am
Where in Israel will he be? If he's going to Meron, he can visit Tsfat and the artist colony. There's SO much there that is handmade and gorgeous. You get to meet the artists, watch the process, it's very special.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 2:52 am
There are many inexpensive but fashionable Israeli lines of handmade jewelry. Ayala Bar, Michal Negrin (not my cup of tea, but it is popular), or more pricey handworked items such as the works of Agas & Tamar
http://agasandtamardesign.com/ .

Nice casual tableware:
https://www.kakadu-design.com/.....x.asp

Of course, all types of Judaica.

Mitpachot (if you wear them) are inexpensive and plentiful here.

Unique Israeli fashion. Ronen Chen, Dorin Frankfurt are two talented local designers.

For the kids: A wide selection of children's books in Hebrew are available in every Steimatsky.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 3:53 am
For the kids, have him pick up a bag of mixed chocolate bars.
Tzfat is a great idea. He could check out the candle factory. They have really creative candles. As well as FF suggestion.
If he could make it to a toy store in a frum area they may have dolls or other toys that they'd like. Or the games that you're used to but with Jewish themes.

MiniMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:16 am
Thanks you all for your replies, keep'em comin.. he'll b staying in jarusalem, meron, teverya.. as far as I know.. Hebrew books & games seems great. & I like the candle idea..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics