Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Type of learning

MOST of the learning dh does is
kollel with chavrusa  
 30%  [ 17 ]
shiurim  
 17%  [ 10 ]
alone with a book  
 14%  [ 8 ]
alone online  
 5%  [ 3 ]
with wife :D  
 7%  [ 4 ]
with the child(ren)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
personal teacher  
 3%  [ 2 ]
with father  
 0%  [ 0 ]
with other people: who?  
 21%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 56

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:25 pm
Yes I am curious ... Smile
Feel free to add anything I have forgotten.

LisaS

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:51 pm
He learns at home with a chavruta. He's not in kollel so I chose the "other" option.

zigi

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:12 pm
my dh learns with me he says rambam out loud and translates it for me. we also learn ein yaakov together.

Seraph

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:15 pm
My husband mostly learns on his own from a sefer while at work.
And occasionally we learn together.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:20 pm
In kollel but alone. He has his own learning goals and projects.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:21 pm
at shiurim. (Jewish classes given by Rabbis)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 4:00 pm
Maybe I should answer my own poll? lol

Dh learns mostly from a book alone. No kollel around here, so he stopped going. Every day or so I ask him what he learned so I can learn a bit Wink

HooRYou: interesting! which goals?

loveit

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:53 pm
I selected other because he mostly studies with a chevrusa at shul at night, but sometimes we study together, like on shabbos.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:12 am
DH learns in kollel. When he's home in the evenings and on Shabbos I usually don't see him open a sefer. Generally its for good reasons, bc he has so many other responsibilities and projects that he's working on. And since he's in kollel the only time he has to work on other things is the evening. But still, I would really like to see DH learn at home on a more regular basis. I just find the image of a man pouring over a sefer late into the evening, on his own accord, so special. IYH when he's out of kollel I'll get to see him learning more.

hadasa

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:08 am
Mostly with a chavrusa over the phone, or alone.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 5:54 am
amother wrote:
DH learns in kollel. When he's home in the evenings and on Shabbos I usually don't see him open a sefer. Generally its for good reasons, bc he has so many other responsibilities and projects that he's working on. And since he's in kollel the only time he has to work on other things is the evening. But still, I would really like to see DH learn at home on a more regular basis. I just find the image of a man pouring over a sefer late into the evening, on his own accord, so special. IYH when he's out of kollel I'll get to see him learning more.

I know what you mean. my dh is in kollel also and often doesn't have much of a night seder. I always get great inspiration from watching him learn at home. however, I've come to realize that learning full time is extremely physically exhausting. I see a huge diff in his energy levels and physical abilitys when its the zman and bein hazmanim. I am always just grateful that he has the ability to sit and learn all day.

Esther01

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 12:15 pm
my dh is a Rebbi for boys during the day, plus he tutors during the evenign, so that's with who he learns.
aside that he also learns alone at times (not regulartly)

FirstTimeMommy

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 12:51 pm
My husband does Daf Yomi on his own every day , but he listens to downloaded shiurium on that days daf, on his ipod as he learns. He does this while commuting back and forth from work I am so proud of him!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
I just find the image of a man pouring over a sefer late into the evening, on his own accord, so special.

Yes

Quote:

I've come to realize that learning full time is extremely physically exhausting

yes. Dh says it's how you recognize the real kollelman and the one who just wants to escape real life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics