Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Israeli amothers who host yeshiva boys

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 5:30 pm
My son has been in Israel since Elul. He goes to my sister for Shabbat about twice each month, and almost every bein hazmanim. At the beginning, he brought a small gift each time, but I don't know if he still does. I know he's helpful with the kids; I hope he cleans up after himself, and helps in the kitchen, but I couldn't promise that he does! He eats ALOT!
At the beginning of the year, I gave my sister a large sum of money in case she had to lay out money for him, but to my knowledge, she hasn't taken any of it.
Now that the year is coming to an end, I should probably buy her something to show my (and his) appreciation. Is $1-200 enough to spend? Should I give cash or buy a gift? What should I buy?
Thanks for your ideas.

ROFL

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 5:39 pm
Buy her new items for her kitchen ( plates or pots and pans ) I am sure she will appreciate that

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 5:41 pm
Hi! We host a lot (not relatives) rather husbands students learning here for the year.

It is so nice and appreciated when the boys family sends a gift, but totally not expected.. I think $100-$200 is a very nice gesture. I don't know what your sister likes but maybe a really nice game for the kids (eg. magna tiles) or a gift certificate could be a safer option. ( or both magna tiles/toy for example cost $100 and then you could do another $100 in form of certificate)

You can buy a gift card for many different stores (through the newcomers guide) I can get you the info if you'd like...

Good luck!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:

You can buy a gift card for many different stores (through the newcomers guide) I can get you the info if you'd like...

Good luck!

Thank you. I am in the US, so I would love to know some stores that I can purchase a gift card from online. That sounds perfect.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:03 pm
The number is 01197225021793

Or email choicegift@ncgisrael.com

The gift card should cover all the storesthey advertise for (which is a very nice amount) but I would ask for a list to make sure.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics