Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Losing pregnancy weight after twins
1  2  3  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 9:57 pm
Realistically speaking, how long did it take you to lose your post baby weight after having twins? And any tips how to lose the weight if EBF?
I'm 4 weeks PP and hate looking st myself in the mirror since I'm still so huge Sad
Any advice?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 11:14 pm
Don't tell me!!!!! I'm having twins and thought by 4 wks I'll be somewhat looking normal. Mad You just smacked me in the face, thanks .
Anyone have a clue??
How much did you loose ? How quickly? Ans how old are you (it makes s diff)?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 11:15 pm
Don't tell me!!!!! I'm having twins and thought by 4 wks I'll be somewhat looking normal. Mad You just smacked me in the face, thanks .
Anyone have a clue??

chatz

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 12:24 am
It's not the weight, it's the shape. LOL.

enjoy the crazyiness Very Happy

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:18 am
I don't remember the exact timing. I do remember going to a simcha 8 weeks pp and wearing my pre-pregnancy clothing.

However, I hate looking myself in the mirror even now, since I feel like a deformed zebra.

Besides for losing the weight, you'll want to exercise to get back in shape. I'll get to it one day hopefully.

SS6099

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
Anyone have a clue??

I just had twins 3 weeks ago and look awful too lol! But please don't let it scare you!!!! It's the biggest Bracha in the whole world and yes I will lose it when I start exercising and dieting. Look forward to the moment!

working hard

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:37 am
EBF both babies (at the same time). I melted. By about 8 weeks postpartum I was a size 6. I took me almost 2 years to get back to my former size, but my Sheva Berachos clothing still does not fit and probably never will!!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:41 am
working hard wrote:
EBF both babies (at the same time). I melted. By about 8 weeks postpartum I was a size 6. I took me almost 2 years to get back to my former size, but my Sheva Berachos clothing still does not fit and probably never will!!

Ha !size six? My foot is a size six!

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:33 am
OP here. 8 weeks seems impossible for me since I'm halfway there with 25 lbs left Sad
For all you regular people lol, how long did it take? 3 months realistic?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
Realistically speaking, how long did it take you to lose your post baby weight after having twins? And any tips how to lose the weight if EBF?
I'm 4 weeks PP and hate looking st myself in the mirror since I'm still so huge Sad
Any advice?

How much did you gain ?and how much did you loose so far?

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:18 pm
Well, my twins are 19 years old now, and I'm still trying to lose my pregnancy weight . . .

Smile

Seriously, though, I'm with Chatz: It wasn't really the weight as much as my shape changed completely. I think that you bounce back a bit more when you're younger; I was 35 when my girls were born, so gravity was no longer my friend anyway.

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:43 pm
Twinster wrote:
I don't remember the exact timing. I do remember going to a simcha 8 weeks pp and wearing my pre-pregnancy clothing.

I should really add though, that I delivered at 30 weeks. So I guess it doesn't count really.

Miri7

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:55 pm
I think you should give yourself a break. You have twin babies. Eat healthy, have lots of good veggies and fruit to snack on, get as much exercise as you reasonably can, and stay off the scale.

I really don't like this focus on how quick mom can lose the weight. The focus should just be on the babies and taking care of yourself - not whether you can fit into your prepregnancy clothing. I lost the weight after my twins but I didn't get my old body back. That was fine with me.

I think there is a saying "9 months on 9 months off". That sounds reasonable to me. Though each person has a different body and different metabolism. The weight falls off of some people while others have to work really hard.

Enjoy your babies, take care of yourself but don't stress about the weight.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:00 pm
Twinster wrote:
I should really add though, that I delivered at 30 weeks. So I guess it doesn't count really.

Sorry, I know this is not the place and you don't have to answer... But was everything ok? I'm counting down the days. and ever night at 12 on the button I say, great one day safer... the anxiety is harder than anything else.

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, I know this is not the place and you don't have to answer... But was everything ok? I'm counting down the days. and ever night at 12 on the button I say, great one day safer... the anxiety is harder than anything else.

You mean before or after? I had complications in pregnancy but they were born healthy B"H.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:12 pm
I meant that they were born so early

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
I meant that they were born so early

The complications resulted in an early delivery. If that's what you meant.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:17 pm
Twinster wrote:
The complications resulted in an early delivery. If that's what you meant.

Are they okay?

rac429

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:18 pm
I was back in my regular clothes when I went home from the hospital but I only gained 16 lbs (lost 15lbs in the beginning. My body however will never be the same. I had a c-section and my belly will never be as flat as I would like it to be. I also had my babies at 33 weeks. Just go with the flow. Eat healthy and since the weather is getting nice go out for walks with your babies. Your body will bounce back. You brought two babies into the world - JUST ENJOY THEM!!!!

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
Are they okay?

Yes they're ok. Most people don't know they were preemies.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more