Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Losing pregnancy weight after twins
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:26 pm
Thanks so much.you don't know how much this means to me ( maybe you do). I want to deliver as early as its safe to do so. due to pregnancy complications but ob will try to push as long as possible. I'm happy to hear pple had it so early and everything is okay.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:38 pm
Op here. My main question is: does the stomach keep shrinking slowly as time goes on? Or is this what it is after 4 weeks and the rest will come off with an aggressive approach?

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much.you don't know how much this means to me ( maybe you do). I want to deliver as early as its safe to do so. due to pregnancy complications but ob will try to push as long as possible. I'm happy to hear pple had it so early and everything is okay.

I doubt doctors would willingly deliver so early.

You can pm if you need any more info.

I've always wondered, with so many groups here, why is there no group for preemie support?

working hard

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:31 pm
Delivery as late as possible is the healthiest for the babies. After being in labor at least 4 times, I was actually induced at 39 weeks! While I did lose most of the weight quickly, it took months for my stoumach to go down. As people are saying, my shape changed. I think my hips are permanently wider.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:47 pm
working hard wrote:
Delivery as late as possible is the healthiest r.

Of course later is better. But only under normal circumstances. It's very hard for a dr to know when those circumstances change.

debsey

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 8:08 pm
I swear by my surgical binder. It really helps bring those hips back to something approaching normal dimensions. Sad to say, it took me about 4 years to lose my pregnancy weight after my twins, and about 7 years to regain my former shape (mostly because after the twins, I didn't know about the surgical binder, but after the NEXT baby, I did, plus I started really working out at that point)
HUGS... BTDT - as much as everyone will say just focus on your babies, you want to feel comfortable inside your own body! I totally get that.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 8:16 pm
debsey wrote:
I swear by my surgical binder. It really helps bring those hips back to something approaching normal dimensions. Sad to say, it took me about 4 years to lose my pregnancy weight after my twins, and about 7 years to regain my former shape (mostly because after the twins, I didn't know about the surgical binder, but after the NEXT baby, I did, plus I started really working out at that point)
HUGS... BTDT - as much as everyone will say just focus on your babies, you want to feel comfortable inside your own body! I totally get that.

Quick !where do I get one and what type? Wink

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
Of course later is better. But only under normal circumstances. It's very hard for a dr to know when those circumstances change.

I just want to say I understand... BTDT. Although the babies ended up coming on their own, shortly before that "major decision" was going to take place.

Just know that if the doctors choose to deliver early, it's because they have your (babies') best interests in mind. Sometimes it's safer for the babies to be out rather than in.

Miri7

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:53 pm
amother wrote:
Op here. My main question is: does the stomach keep shrinking slowly as time goes on? Or is this what it is after 4 weeks and the rest will come off with an aggressive approach?

IME my stomach at 4 weeks was still very post-baby and improved a lot even when I wasn't diligently exercising. Though I found that I "snapped back" a lot faster and with less effort when I gave birth in my 20s than I have with kids born in my 30's. I gained very little with my twins so I actually lost that weight faster than with other pregnancies.

If you're concerned about your midsection, do abs exercises every day. If you have a really pouchy middle, have your OB check you for diastasis recti.

Twinster

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:

May I ask where you're up to?

I was on hospital bedrest for a while. Another woman who was there with me delivered about a day later, also at 30 weeks. Her babies were/are perfectly fine as well.

Are you at a hospital with a good NICU? These days preemies have great chances.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:31 pm
Im b"h still home at 27 wks. I'm at a great hospital with great nicu.

debsey

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
Quick !where do I get one and what type? Wink

This is the one I always get
http://www.amazon.com/Bellefit.....lefit

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:48 pm
debsey wrote:
This is the one I always get
http://www.amazon.com/Bellefit.....lefit

Thanks so much. I wish I knew about this by my previous pregnancy. When did you start wearing it ? How long?

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
Im b"h still home at 27 wks. I'm at a great hospital with great nicu.

Happy to hear. Take care of yourself and take it day by day... It's all we can do. Hang in there! ((((((((Hugs))))))))

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:12 am
At how many wks were you admitted if you delivered 30 wks?

chani8

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:09 am
Fox wrote:
Well, my twins are 19 years old now, and I'm still trying to lose my pregnancy weight . . .

Smile

Seriously, though, I'm with Chatz: It wasn't really the weight as much as my shape changed completely. I think that you bounce back a bit more when you're younger; I was 35 when my girls were born, so gravity was no longer my friend anyway.

LOL! My twins are 18. I didn't realize you had twins too, Fox.

Well, my skin never recovered completely. Stretch marks and saggy skin in one area of my tummy. I used to contemplate plastic surgery to fix it, but I eventually learned to love my body with all it's imperfections. Self-love is cheaper (but maybe not easier) than plastic surgery.

The weight fell off just fine though, no different than any other pregnancy. Give your body about three years before you see the final recovery results. Meanwhile, enjoy your twins. Everyone will be adoring your babies and nobody will notice your fat!

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
At how many wks were you admitted if you delivered 30 wks?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 10:46 am
Wow! that's long, every day must have been a blessing but so nerve-wracking.

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
Wow! that's long, every day must have been a blessing but so nerve-wracking.

It was. Although I would have stayed longer just to keep the babies in, if I could.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 10:54 am
I guess if you knew you were being monitored constantly,then the what if ...nerves ... weren't there.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more