Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Pregnancy tests

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:31 am
anyone know how to buy cheap pregnancy tests in Israel? I know in America you can get them for less than a dollar...

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:38 am
Do you have a newcomers guide? There's a list of places you can pick them up for a couple shekel a piece...

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:39 am
If you're in Jerusalem there is a gemach. It's in different volunteers electric boxes in different neighborhoods. Put 5 shekel in one cup, take a test from the other. The info is in the Newcomers Guide.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 1:18 pm
I know this thread is old, but still relevant. I'm in Jerusalem and couldn't find them cheaper than 1 for 20 NIS at the pharmacy and I'd love to get them for 4 or 5 NIS.

People said I can find the info in the Newcomers Guide, where can I find the Newcomers Guide?

bigblueyes

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 1:56 pm
You can buy them at any pharmacy. I believe a purple box, just like the blue ovulation tests 5 for 35 nis or so, they have pregnancy tests as well. I believe it's called teshuva cana.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:17 pm
There's a store on Rechov Yafo, right near Tzomet King George on the side of the train going towards the Tachana Hamerkazit. It has cosmetics in the front by the cashiers and a grocery in the back. They have pregnancy tests for less than 30 shekel for a box of five- it's been almost a year since I last bought so I don't know the exact current price.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:17 pm
bigblueyes wrote:
You can buy them at any pharmacy. I believe a purple box, just like the blue ovulation tests 5 for 35 nis or so, they have pregnancy tests as well. I believe it's called teshuva cana.

Do you have to ask for them from behind the counter? I looked just out in the open where they were selling them and nothing cheaper than 20 NIS for 1.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:
There's a store on Rechov Yafo, right near Tzomet King George on the side of the train going towards the Tachana Hamerkazit. It has cosmetics in the front by the cashiers and a grocery in the back. They have pregnancy tests for less than 30 shekel for a box of five- it's been almost a year since I last bought so I don't know the exact current price.

Do you remember the name of the store? I'd really love to be able to take a pregnancy test when I want instead of thinking "I'll find out in a few months anyway!" That's how I feel at 20 NIS each, lol!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:22 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
Do you remember the name of the store? I'd really love to be able to take a pregnancy test when I want instead of thinking "I'll find out in a few months anyway!" That's how I feel at 20 NIS each, lol!

In this google image, it's the one on the right with the "סופר מרקט" sign:
https://www.google.com/maps/@3.....data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saKEc6Koat1apKSAeN1CWXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

JerusalemMother

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:29 pm
Iymnok wrote:
If you're in Jerusalem there is a gemach. It's in different volunteers electric boxes in different neighborhoods. Put 5 shekel in one cup, take a test from the other. The info is in the Newcomers Guide.

Would advise taking 2 or 3. They often don't work and it's embarrassing enough going to get one and hoping no one sees you.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 7:56 pm
JerusalemMother wrote:
Would advise taking 2 or 3. They often don't work and it's embarrassing enough going to get one and hoping no one sees you.

Where do you find these places? I've never even heard of something like that. So it's just a box sitting outside? What happens if it rains?

Marion

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 1:26 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:

Sounds like Super Adika.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 1:42 pm
when I go to my meuhedet pharmacy. I ask for the pregnancy tests from behind the counter and they are boxes with 2 or 3 etc. and they are probably no more than 8 shekel each.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions