Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's a typical day for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:10 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Ima's would schedule tracking me down and stoning me for my indolence.

So says the lady who grows 80% of her own veggies and hangs her own cabinet doors.

mandr

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:11 pm
8: wake up, nurse baby
8:30: I get dressed and dress my baby
9:00: breakfast for both of us
9:40: we leave the house
9:50 drop baby off at babysitter
10:00 arrive at work. Do work.
12:00pm: snack
2:00: lunch
5:00: leave work
5:05: pick up baby
5:15: either go home or pick up a supper item from grocery if needed
5:20: arrive home (or 5:45-6 if I went to the grocery)
6:00: serve baby supper
6:30-7:30: dh and I eat supper
7:30: bathe baby
8:00: nurse baby and put him to bed.
8:00 and on: HAVE A LIFE!!!! IMAMOTHER!!! BAKE!!! DO WHAT I WANT!!! Cook supper for next day if I can. Prepare lunches for us.
Then, just like that, it's 12am. Bedtime.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:13 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

I won't share my days, I'm long past the work, kids, carpool life. Ima's would schedule tracking me down and stoning me for my indolence.

well, there's a time in life for everything! I dont think anyone would stone you for being where you are in life. After all, you've btdt too! But I know what you mean ...when I read what people post it seems that most imamothers are in their 20's. I am in my 40's and even though I still have young children I feel like almost everyone is younger than me!

wantavaca

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:20 pm
Just the other day I was fantasizing about being in high school again...
come home from school, eat supper, shower, get into cozy pjs, do hw, shmooze on the phone,midnight snack, and go to sleep....HA!
BH I would never turn back the clock....but one can dream.

busydev

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:32 pm
my ideal scheduled day (times are the ideal times, can be 10-15min later or more)
wake up sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 when some little DS decides its morning (or even earlier occasionally)
6:15-6:30 get out of bed for the morning, spend some time with the kids
7:00 serve breakfast, pack up food
7:45 get everyone dressed
8:45 load up into the car, drop off at playgroup/sitter
9:15ish get to work
1:00 carpool a couple times a week
5:15 leave work, get kids
5:45 get home, warm up supper
6:15 serve supper
6:40 bathe kids on bath nights otherwise get ready for bed
7:00 DS1 bedtime
7:30 DS2 bedtime
7:35-9ish (when dh gets home from night seder) my time
9-10:15 clean up, spend time with dh
10:30 shower then bed.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:52 pm
zaq wrote:
So says the lady who grows 80% of her own veggies and hangs her own cabinet doors.

And who infrequently get's out of bed before 10am.LoL

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:03 pm
7:00-7:45- depending on kids I get up. (I have 3 & 2 yr old)
In get their clothes but dh gets them dressed.
I get dressed and go downstairs.
they eat breakfast whole I prepare lunch.
8:40-9:15- I leave to work
ten minutes later drop off kids at school. 1 drop off and I work a mile away
9-39:30- get to work
3:25-27- leave work get kids
3:45- get home abt
Give kids something to eat. (Usually a boel of soup or oatmeal- I know it's random. Lol)
I make and serve supper and we play. Usually I put in music and they dance or we play outside.
kids go to bed between 7:30-8:30
Dh gets home different time every day so my night is different nut I usually go to bed at 11.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 11:20 pm
7:45 wakeup get kids off to school
9:00 eat breakfast check computer
9:30 take a nap
11:30 get some housework done, and some paid work
1:00 eat lunch
1:30-3:00 run errands, appts., shopping, or do laundry
3:00-5:00 kids come home all different times so just spend time talking to each one, manage the flow of kids in and out of the house as they come in and go outside to play.
5:00 make supper while keeping an eye on kids
6:00 serve and eat supper all together
6:30-7:30 homework time, spending time with kids, start showers,
7:30 start bedtime
7:30-9:00 deal with bedtime and homework and do laundry in between.
9:00-9:30 talk with older kids
9:30- 12:00 crash on the couch with phone, or clean kitchen. make lunches, try to do some paid work, finish laundry if I have energy.
Bedtime usually between 12-1.

heidi

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
7:00-7:45- depending on kids I get up. (I have 3 & 2 yr old)
In get their clothes but dh gets them dressed.
I get dressed and go downstairs.
they eat breakfast whole I prepare lunch.
8:40-9:15- I leave to work
ten minutes later drop off kids at school. 1 drop off and I work a mile away
9-39:30- get to work
3:25-27- leave work get kids
3:45- get home abt
Give kids something to eat. (Usually a boel of soup or oatmeal- I know it's random. Lol)
I make and serve supper and we play. Usually I put in music and they dance or we play outside.
kids go to bed between 7:30-8:30

Dh gets home different time every day so my night is different nut I usually go to bed at 11.

I truly cannot understand why people don't see that this is missing from the page 1 posts.
Go back, OP of the post that I said I feel bad for acknowledged it's missing.
OP, I do admire your having it all together.
I would respectfully suggest that you fit in some of the down time-- your kids will grow up so fast, and I don't want you to have any regrets.

And now my schedule for all the critics out there:
6:45-7:15- Get up-- depending on which kid decides to come in to say good morning
7:15-8- Kids and I get dressed, I finish up making lunches that I was too tired to do night before
Some kids get out to busses, other I take to gan on the way to work
8:10-2/3:15-- three days a week a work till3:15-- 2 days a week I make sure to be out by 2 to pick up ds from gan so he is only in afterschool care 3 days a week.
2/3:15-6- lunch or snack, homework with big kid, park, basement, coloring-- play together or even make supper together.
6- supper
6:30-8- bath and showers, tv (yep, not ashamed to admit it) for kids-- I make lunches etc, clean up supper
8-9-- bedtime for various ages
9- crash and do laundry till I fall asleep

I am very very lucky that my salary is a perk and not a necessity and thus I don't have to work full time. I am really really not judging. I am just saying that working mothers who incorporate fun with children into their schedule (whether they wrote it or not, they know who they are) will gain, and more importantly, their children will gain, in the long run.
I have the perspective of having bigger kids, and I know how quickly it goes.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:08 am
So I work part time and every day is a different schedule. But here is today schedules:
(So far)
Midnight. Woken up by Dh coming home. I have been fast asleep since 9:30. We spend some time chatting.

1 am: 3 year old shouts from the bathroom. Wipe my tushieee. Dh sleeping. Wake him up to deal with 3 year old.

2:30 am: 3 year old back in our room for water. This is very unlike her. She always sleeps through the night. Make mental note to check out if she's sick in the am.

3:30 am. Toddler is screaming from crib. Ignore. (Ducking from tomatoes) this continues intermittently til 4:30. Wonder why he started doing this. He too usually sleeps through the night. Has been waking up last few nights at 4:30. But 3:30. Beyond. Make mental note to call pediatrician for both kids in the morning.

4:30 am bring toddler Into bed. Nurse and cuddle while sleeping.

5:45 am. Wake up. Bathroom. Change toddlers diaper and search for the only shoes he will currently wear. Chat with oldest daughter who had now woken up.

6:15-7:15. Breakfast for kids breakfast for me. Pack bags prepare for day. Find missing school bag call my sister in America. Dress kids play and laugh with them

7:15-7:45 shower get myself ready for the day.

7:45-8:20- drop kids off at various schools kias and hug them goodbye.

8:20-8:30 drive to work. Frantically realizing that I am going to be late for a weekly meeting.

8:30-3:30 work.

3:30-3:45 commute home

3:45-6 homework baths play with kids make supper (possibly a trip to the pediatrician which will throw my day for a loop)

6 dh comes home and we have supper as family.

6:30-7:15. Brush teeth, read books cuddles and Bedtimefor younger kids and nurse toddler and put him to sleep.

7:15-7:25- quickly get ready to leave the house

7:30-9 work related mandatory thing I need to go to

9:15 get home.

9:15-10:15 wind down. Clean up from dinner etc... Prepare for another day BH BH!!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:17 am
6:00 Wake up. Put laundry in the dryer, put another load in the washer, prepare food for gan/school, fold laundry, pack up kids' bags.
7:00 Wake up special needs son who gets picked up at 7:30. Dress him and sit him down for breakfast.
7:20 Wake up the rest of the crew. Give them clothing and break up their fights while nudging them along to get dressed.
7:30 Take son out to wait for his bus.
7:40 Give the kids a last nudge to get ready. Nurse baby.
8:00 Give breakfast.
8:15 Send the rest of the kids off except the baby.
8:20 Get dressed, daven, eat breakfast.
9:00-12:00 Work, nurse, wash dishes, put baby in for a nap, work some more, more housework.
12:00 Make lunch.
1:45 Younger kids get home. Feed them lunch.
2:30 Homework
3:45 Next shift gets home. Give him a snack.
4:00 Make sandwiches and pack them up with drinks, veggies, and fruit to take to the park.
4:30 Go to park.
6:15 Leave park.
6:30 - 7:30 Showers.
7:30 Story in bed, shma, bedtime for younger kids.
8:00 Feed older kids and put them to bed.
9:00 Work, dishes, more laundry.
10:00 Dinner with DH.
10:30-2:30 a.m. Work with breaks for laundry and cleaning up.
3:00 a.m. Go to bed.

Miri7

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:48 am
amother wrote:
6:00 Wake up. Put laundry in the dryer, put another load in the washer, prepare food for gan/school, fold laundry, pack up kids' bags......
3:00 a.m. Go to bed.

How do you function on 3 hours of sleep? Wow.

My schedule goes something like this:

5:30am bring baby into bed, nurse
6:15 wake up, wake kids, help younger ones get dressed, make breakfast, get lunches packed
7:25 depart house for drop offs. Nurse baby again when dropping off before heading to work
9 am arrive at work ....
4:30 depart work, pick various kids up from various activities depending on the day
5:00-5:30 arrive home, nurse, homework supervision, dinner prep
6:30 family dinner
7pm baby bathtime
7:15 big kids bath and bed prep
7:30 big kids in bed and reading time, baby bedtime
8 medium kids lights out.
8:30 big kids lights out, then clean up, start prepping lunches, take care of bills, etc, talk with DH, run errands if needed
10:30 baby wakes to nurse
11:30 go to bed after showering
2-3am baby wakes, nurses. (this has been going in for a few weeks now and I don't know how to stop it).

Lots of snuggles, hugs, kisses, listening to storks of what transpired on the playground, breaking up of fights, setting of boundaries, scheduling of various appointments and doing of laundry interwoven into my day. Once baby is sleeping a better schedule again I will be feeling a lot better.

imaima

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:59 am
amother wrote:
well, there's a time in life for everything! I dont think anyone would stone you for being where you are in life. After all, you've btdt too! But I know what you mean ...when I read what people post it seems that most imamothers are in their 20's. I am in my 40's and even though I still have young children I feel like almost everyone is younger than me!

I was telling a friend how I dream of finally being 40. She couldn't understand, but I felt I will be a totally different person with a different life! Very Happy

buzz

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 6:30 am
5,45/6.00 - wake up and go to gym

7.00 - back from gym and getting all kids and myself ready to go to school , dh helps here too

8.00 - leave house to work

until 3.30 - work every single minute, even during break time am busy planning.

3.30-4.30 - pickups from three diff places

4,30 - 6 - strictly kids time, bathes, showers, homework, and while some watch I talk to them one by one while I organise dinner and make lunches for the next day

6-6.40 - dinner with hubby who comes home at 6.15

6.40-7.10 - bedtime, stories, talks with kids and brushing teeth and bed.

7.10- 7.40 - clean up from dinner, vacume house, and make kids clothes ready for next day

7.40pm-1.00am /2.00/2.30 - prepare and plan for work

in the evening hrs, busy on the phone while I work, whether to help a shidduch or catch up with overseas friends once in a while - I am pretty good at multitasking while I work.

(sometimes there is time to chill a little and watch something for half an hr but mostly not)

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:02 am
Hiedi- I truly feel sorry for you! Your poor husband! You must have no relationship with him at all. Nowhere in your schedule do you mention anything about spending any time with him. That can only mean you guys never speak or have time for just the 2 of of you. How sad.

salt

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:07 am
Quote:
Hiedi- I truly feel sorry for you! Your poor husband! You must have no relationship with him at all. Nowhere in your schedule do you mention anything about spending any time with him. That can only mean you guys never speak or have time for just the 2 of of you. How sad.

Are you serious. Why do you come to that conclusion. Maybe her husband's around all the time. She's writing her daily schedule, not her husbands.
She also didn't write what time she goes to the bathroom - and you don't say how bad you feel that she doesn't schedule time for that.

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in a long time on imamother.

nywife

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:15 am
salt wrote:
Quote:

Are you serious. Why do you come to that conclusion. Maybe her husband's around all the time. She's writing her daily schedule, not her husbands.
She also didn't write what time she goes to the bathroom - and you don't say how bad you feel that she doesn't schedule time for that.

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in a long time on imamother.

I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:24 am
So I debated writing out my day because I don't have kids, but here goes:
5:15- wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, make breakfast for DH
5:55-6:00- leave for clinicals
6:00-6:45- commute
7:00- sign in for clinicals
12:00- 5 minute break to pee and grab something to eat
3:00- leave clinicals
3:00-3:45/50- commute
4:00- errands (grocery store, bank)
5:00- study, submit papers and start working on upcoming ones.
7:00- make supper
7:30- DH comes home, eat supper and spend time with him
9:00- prepare food for the next day, straighten up, make phone calls etc
11 pm- bed time

salt

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 8:00 am
Quote:
I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic.

Well that's too subtle for me!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 8:11 am
I feel it is a cultural thing.
I would never include "cuddling" in a schedule. It happens when it happens, though some moments have it happen more. I also don't "look for occasions" for bonding (a word we don't even have). I say bonding is natural and happens pretty much on its own.

I'm an old school European who doesn't deal with homework unless there is a real question. The most I will do is hold a sheet of paper and help a 3 yr old say the letters names.

I also don't davka play on the floor because it's uncomfy and mostly not what I enjoy. But I know big concept on Imamother Smile

As for my schedule it's quite different when the kids are home or not this is the school year one but I'm not very organized.

baby cries: wake up
Depending on hour, I can go back to bed or not
Morning: preparing something quick for lunch, trying to work on project (whether article, simcha, something for the kids wtv)
noon to 2: Lunch when I feel like it, child led feeding with the baby lol
Afternoon: see morning + light or "emergency" chores, light errands in walking distance
5: kids home (I go down the building to get them), kids snack, homework (I remind, I don't do make them do)
6/7: make dinner
8/9: we eat when it's ready and we're hungry
8.30/10: kids bedtime more or less when it happens, in this bracket, after that we enforce if there is school
after kids bedtime: we watch stuff, talk, wtv basically it's our evening
1 or so bedtime

Of course any time during the day the baby can call. She's also not on a schedule lol.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics