Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing plastic ware/fleishig, milchig, parve??

noosheen

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:14 pm
I need to go through all my plastic ware; it's a mess!

I wanted to know how to a) store plastic ware in an organized fashion and b) how to store milchig, fleishig, and parve.

any ideas ?
thanks, !

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:23 pm
Plastic wear as in plastic containers?

I find it really helpful to have some blue and red nail polish on hand (yellow too if you have Parve stuff), and a draw a line of it to help me distinguish between Milchig and Fleishig. It does wear off of plastic wear eventually, but it works well and you can always add more if it comes off.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:41 pm
I have it all in a 3 drawer wide keter unit. All labelled with nail varnish, or I make sure I buy the appropriate color, it lasts me ages.

noosheen

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:16 pm
what's a keter unit?
I know how to distinguish between the milk, meat and parve. my question is do you store it all togeterh? or separately? or can they touch?

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:39 pm
I think it is unwise to store plastic containers of different genders in tbe same place. The odds of grabbing the wrong thing are just too high.

We have a large kitchen, and devote one drawer to storage containers for meat, on for dairy, and one for pareve. They are in different sections of the kitchen.

My DD has a smallish kitchen, but does something similar. She keeps other cookware in harder to reach places in order to leave room for plastic storage containers, since they get used all the time.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 5:28 pm
Keter is a common Israeli make of plastic furniture, including drawer units. They sell worldwide.

I have a 3 drawer wide unit, use a different drawer for each of milchig, flaishig, parev. Individual plastics are labelled, matched symbols for matching lids/ boxes, color coded unless they are already the right color (green for parev, red for meat, blue for milk....)

More of an issue is getting people to put containers away at all ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics