Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mom beats son for participating in Baltimore riots
  1  2  3  12  13  14  Next

blueberries

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:09 pm

She recognized her son on television throwing rocks at police. Good for her. Thumbs Up

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:14 pm
Good for her for stopping her son, but the way she's beating him up is a bit much. I'm a little conflicted on this one. Not exactly "mom of the year" material, but I guess she's better than all the other parents who don't care or don't know what their kids are doing.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:15 pm
Yeah, good for her Rolling Eyes Wonder where he learned the violence from?

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:22 pm
I wish the police officers' mothers would come and intervene when they're beating and murdering unarmed citizens.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:40 pm
Sadie wrote:
I wish the police officers' mothers would come and intervene when they're beating and murdering unarmed citizens.

Because that's all that cops do all day. Beat and murder innocents.

debsey

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:45 pm
Sadie wrote:

Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me. I guess the police never do these trival things like - say - uphold the law, put themselves in danger confronting rioters, murderers, and thieves? We owe a big debt of gratitude to this country and its civil servants for having laws that allow us to live as citizens and have our rights protected. Next time someone breaks into your house, make sure not to call the police out of your tender concern that the robber might get bruised up some!

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:49 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
Because that's all that cops do all day. Beat and murder innocents.

No it's not all they're doing, but plenty are doing it and getting away with it.
Baltimore is paying out millions a year in police brutality lawsuits. That money is coming from the taxpayers; the officers themselves are not being punished.
Why do you think these riots are happening?

Did you read what the police did to Freddie Gray?

debsey

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:57 pm
Sadie wrote:
No it's not all they're doing, but plenty are doing it and getting away with it.
Baltimore is paying out millions a year in police brutality lawsuits. That money is coming from the taxpayers; the officers themselves are not being punished.
Why do you think these riots are happening?

Did you read what the police did to Freddie Gray?
The Freddie Gray case does sound like the police messed up royally. But you can't paint with such a wide brush and make it sound like all police officers are evil and out to hurt people! That's terribly unfair and ungrateful.

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:02 pm
Where did I paint with a wide brush? I expressed that I wished officers who were harming people would be stopped. The rioters who are committing property damage are being arrested. They're being stopped.
Don't you also want the officers who are killing people to be stopped?

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:03 pm
I urge people who don't know the background of this story to read two articles:

http://data.baltimoresun.com/n.....ents/

http://www.theatlantic.com/pol.....hread

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:03 pm
blueberries wrote:

She recognized her son on television throwing rocks at police. Good for her. Thumbs Up

Yes because the only way to teach a kid not to be violent is by beating them. Rolling Eyes

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:07 pm
glutenless wrote:
Good for her for stopping her son, but the way she's beating him up is a bit much. I'm a little conflicted on this one. Not exactly "mom of the year" material, but I guess she's better than all the other parents who don't care or don't know what their kids are doing.

Right, not the mom of the year award, but it's not that bad either. Actually, it's kind of a joke. She just slapped him a few times in the face just a nervous lady. Again, not the best parenting, but that's not abuse and is certainly better than parents who are encouraging their children to protest violently. She could have discussed it with him in other ways because trust me her hysterical behavior is not going to curb his. Also, protesting is fine by me, but rioting is unacceptable. Burning down cars and attacking offices is wrong. I do agree that many officers do use unnecessary force and can be brutal, but I would still not encourage my loved ones to riot violently.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:09 pm
One more thing, I also strongly urge listening to this radio program on cops' relationships with the communities they police:
http://www.thisamericanlife.or.....t-one

http://www.thisamericanlife.or.....t-two

The second episode discusses the Las Vegas police force, who are making a commendable effort to improve relations between cops and community members, and reduce violence. Yes, there are good police out there.

These are great resources and you can listen to them while you do dishes or laundry, that's what I do.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:12 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Yeah, good for her Rolling Eyes Wonder where he learned the violence from?

Or the liberal use of the F word.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:43 pm
Sadie wrote:

By any chance is your name shwarner or goodman?

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:03 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
By any chance is your name shwarner or goodman?

No, but now I'm curious who Shwarner and Goodman are!

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:14 pm
Sadie wrote:

Google Selma Alabama c rights. Riots

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:14 pm
I've got a controversial idea.

Next time a cop asks you to do something that you think is unreasonable, like stop, sit down, or be quiet - do it. Just do it.

If you're offended by being stopped and you feel you have just cause, lawyer up and sue the pants off of the police department for descrimination.

You will live to tell the tale, and might even collect a nice payout. You'll hit the department where it hurts, in the pocketbook, and maybe they'll rethink their profiling policies.

It's a radical concept, but it might save lives.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:19 pm
Sadie wrote:

Goodman, Cheney and Schwermer were civil rights workers who were murdered. The police, and the KKK all played a part in it.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've got a controversial idea.

Next time a cop asks you to do something that you think is unreasonable, like stop, sit down, or be quiet - do it. Just do it.

If you're offended by being stopped and you feel you have just cause, lawyer up and sue the pants off of the police department for descrimination.

You will live to tell the tale, and might even collect a nice payout. You'll hit the department where it hurts, in the pocketbook, and maybe they'll rethink their profiling policies.

It's a radical concept, but it might save lives.

Frantic Frummie - you are a genius!! It would be a good idea if the leaders of the black community would publicize this radical idea.
Page 1 of 14   1  2  3  12  13  14  Next Recent Topics