Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Camp for boys with behavioral problems

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:18 pm
I am looking for the contact information for a day camp in Brooklyn for. Boys with behavioral problems. I saw it advertised but cant find it. Can anyone help me out with the name and number for that camp?
Thanks in advance!

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:26 pm
PM me

Fabulous

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:48 pm
the Diamond Summer Program associated with Darchei's Camp Simcha

347-730-1166

ETA: It's in Far Rockaway I believe but I know people that sent there from Brooklyn

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 4:57 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
PM me

Why?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 4:59 pm
Fabulous wrote:

347-730-1166

ETA: It's in Far Rockaway I believe but I know people that sent there from Brooklyn

This is it! Thanks!
Do you have any experience with this program and it's success rate? Also, are parents involved in the training so that they could follow through with the program at home?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 5:11 pm
Fabulous wrote:

347-730-1166

The diamond program is incredible!!! I don't know what the cost is, but unfortunately if is astronomical. The camp it is associated with is simcha day camp, not camp simcha. It is in far rockaway, on Darchei's campus.

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 8:38 pm
I do not have personal experience with the program but I know someone who did send a son there and had amazing results. He was a very difficult child and this was a turning point for him. They involve the parents a LOT, parent education/coaching is a key part of their program. It sounds amazing and I really wish they had something similar for girls, and for the school year! Sounds like these people really know what they're doing and I wonder what they do/where to find them the rest of the year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)