Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
100 dollars for any toy what would you choose?
Previous  1  2

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 3:20 pm
Magna tiles are awesome but my DD wasn't really interested in them until about 2.5-3. Shes 5 now and still loves them. So he'll grow into them soon. She uses them for everything - castles, gift boxes, pizza in a box, treasure box. She hides stuff in them, puts dolls in them. We even made a golf course a few times, and lately she's been using them to make tunnels for Rube Goldberg machines.

maapse

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 3:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
What's wrong with Playmobile? I remember teething on some of them, but I never swallowed any! I loved mine. My sister and I used to fight over them all the time.

I really wanted to get some for DD, but they were way too expensive and they NEVER go on sale.

There are 2 types of playmobil - the toddler one, big chunky pieces (sounds like that is what you are talking about here) and the older version which has the teeniest tiniest pieces imaginable. Very very swallowable!

Liebs

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:27 pm
My kids didn't like magnatiles until I had a bigger set.
Same with some other toys.
Go into toy store and they will help you. Sometimes cheaper toys good too.
I like animals, cars, the jewish mentchies....
enjoy Smile

momofqts

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:28 pm
Magnatiles or duplo.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:56 pm
My kids love duplo we got a basic set and then added a few of the small sets like the gas station that come with mentchies, cars etc so it's more than just building.
We have manga tiles and my kids were definitely not able to play with them independently at 2.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 6:59 pm
What about Matchbox cars and a road rug?

naomi2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:47 pm
Micro scooter. Best. One. Ever!

sky

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:27 pm
plasma car
Design and Drill activity set
Wood Train Set (with table if space available)
Magna Tiles
Matchbox Cars
Jumbo Playstix (the size, not the count)

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:33 pm
OP
thanks everyone! in the end I got a medium set of magnatiles and lots of mentchies and some animals to go with it. son doesnt know how to use it himself but is super happy excited when I build it for him

rae gi

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:39 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What about Matchbox cars and a road rug?

I bought that for my kids too, last century. Very Happy Was a big hit.

Lego
Anything by Melissa and Doug

mandr

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 11:10 pm
I also once had about $75 to spend for toys. I got what I knew I can't get in non-Jewish stores for cheaper (with sales, coupons etc.) so I got a box of Magnatiles and a bucket of Clicks.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:27 am
maapse wrote:
There are 2 types of playmobil - the toddler one, big chunky pieces (sounds like that is what you are talking about here) and the older version which has the teeniest tiniest pieces imaginable. Very very swallowable!

Except even my toddler had more fun with the big-kid tiniest pieces set. The toddler version there is really not much to do with. B"H my 2-year-old is not a mouther, of course we supervised her too but if she were prone to mouthing things I wouldn't have even let her near it. But those tiny pieces are soooo easy to lose, not to mention swallow. For small child fingers only.

rachel91

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 5:03 am
Another vote for Magnatiles and Duplo, mine also like little people.
Magnatiles is the ultimate hit by us, I never saw them play with another toy as much and as long.

musicmom

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 8:34 am
Bike? Scooter? Thomas Trains? It sounds like your son has a ton of toys already. What you could always do is buy something special like Legos and save them for when he gets older!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics