Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller question for petite mommies
1  2  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:21 pm
Hi everyone, I am desperately searching for a stroller. I want one that is reversible, is good for newborn use, not too bulky, and one that I can see over the hood Very Happy as I am very petite, around 4'10". In my search I have tried all the strollers in the stores that fit my requirements but being able to see over the hood. Really I am looking for a stroller that has a low handlebar. Any suggestions, so far the only one that was comfortable was the Bugaboo, but I really don't want to spend $1100 on a stroller, especially when this isn't my first, although I plan on more kids, I am not sure how many more I will be able to have since I am getting older. Any help would be appreciated.

ANON bec I have been discussing strollers and my dilemma non stop with friends and family.

cholenteater

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:07 pm
I would suggest going to a store such as buy buy baby and trying out a bunch of strollers to get the perfect fit! The sales lady may be able to help you narrow it down to your specifications. Look for one where the wheels are lower down, as often the whole stroller may be lower.
The uppababy cruz may be an option.
Hatzlacha on your search!

anonymrs

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:16 pm
Bugaboo bee?

wiki

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:27 pm
Consider a stroller where the adjustable handlebar is not telescoping, but rotates downward. The City Versa had that feature, but I think it's not on the market anymore...

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:32 pm
cholenteater wrote:
I would suggest going to a store such as buy buy baby and trying out a bunch of strollers to get the perfect fit! The sales lady may be able to help you narrow it down to your specifications. Look for one where the wheels are lower down, as often the whole stroller may be lower.
The uppababy cruz may be an option.
Hatzlacha on your search!

Thanks, I did go to buy buy baby and a frum store where I live, I checked all the strollers,including the uppababby but it was too high for me to comfortably see over. Both places recommended the bugaboo cameleon, mountain buggy, wich I had in the past, and city versa, whch I didn't like.

thanks for advice though

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:34 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Bugaboo bee?

thanks, I don't know the difference between bee and cameleon, neither store mentioned bee to me, I will check it out

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:35 pm
wiki wrote:
Consider a stroller where the adjustable handlebar is not telescoping, but rotates downward. The City Versa had that feature, but I think it's not on the market anymore...

I checked out the versa, I didn't like it to much, thanks though

studying_torah

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:43 pm
You might not get all your requirements in one stroller especially if you are so petite. Decide which features are must haves and look for a stroller that is low enough to see over, comfy to push wirhout arm strain, and then see what other features it has other features you like.
Frankly, if the canopy can be pushed back, or has a large peekaboo window, you might not need a reversible stroller.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:01 pm
studying_torah wrote:
You might not get all your requirements in one stroller especially if you are so petite. Decide which features are must haves and look for a stroller that is low enough to see over, comfy to push wirhout arm strain, and then see what other features it has other features you like.
Frankly, if the canopy can be pushed back, or has a large peekaboo window, you might not need a reversible stroller.

thanks
Good point, I will recheck the ones I wasn't too crazy about, that weren't reversible to see how comfortable they are too push.

Iamamother2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:38 pm
I have the bugaboo bee and its great. Handle bar goes low and has everything else you are looking for. The bee is cheaper than the other bugaboo strollers. It is there smaller more compact stroller.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:53 pm
I am also very short and although the stroller I used was not reversable it felt perfect to push and the baby was always comfortable. I LOVE the maclaren quest stroller. You have to push one to see what I mean. It's perfect for your height. If you have a newborn just use the graco snap n go since it's lightweight and has an adjustable handlebar. After a few months switch to the maclaren.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 9:58 pm
Iamamother2 wrote:
I have the bugaboo bee and its great. Handle bar goes low and has everything else you are looking for. The bee is cheaper than the other bugaboo strollers. It is there smaller more compact stroller.

How does the bee push? I do a lot of walking and take my older kids to the parks a lot, also, whre I live the sidewalks I am noticing are really broken up in lots of places making it hard to push in my snap n go. is the bee good on all terains or only regular pushing onstraight streets?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
I am also very short and although the stroller I used was not reversable it felt perfect to push and the baby was always comfortable. I LOVE the maclaren quest stroller. You have to push one to see what I mean. It's perfect for your height. If you have a newborn just use the graco snap n go since it's lightweight and has an adjustable handlebar. After a few months switch to the maclaren.

thanks, I had maclarens in the past, and it was not comfortable or easy to push, not sure if that has changed over the years. Right now I am using my graco snapngo, but it is such a pain to push and feels so wobbly. Plus I want a bassinet attatchment. But thanls for the advice.

dimples

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:17 pm
I love the bee! I find it pushes great, the only time I have a hard time pushing it is in the snow. I'm short too, so I reallyike handling a smaller carriage

Blessing1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:20 pm
The bee is easy to push only on smooth roads.
The wheels r very small & if then road is bumpy & cracked its extremely hard to push.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:27 pm
THank you everyone for your help.

I was just checking out the bee online, at the end it would cost around $1000 (the fabric, canopy, and bassinet) while the cameleon would be $1100. So I then may as well get the cameleon. But, I am so hesitant about spending so much, I actually wouldn't be spending it, it would be a present from a relative, but still, I was thinking I could get away with spending around $500, I can't believe how much strollers have changed in prices from when my oldest was born (oldest child is now mid teens).

Iamamother2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 11:08 pm

Iamamother2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 11:17 pm
If you dont want to spend so much try looking into a gently used one. Its such a popular stroller now that im sure yiu can find a second hand one....and no one will know that its not brand new.
I have both the chameleon and bee and I really like the bee. They both push extremely well (I've had other strollers before, snap and go, chicco, valco and I wouldn't waste my money on trying something cheaper because at the end of the day the bugaboo is much smoother and solid)

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 11:34 pm
Look for a used chameleon on craiglist or Facebook if u don't think the relative will want to spend the price on a new one. U can get the serial number from the stroller and call bugaboo to confirm its not a fake. I have the donkey and am very happy

Tekky

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 2:24 am
don't be shy - pick up the phone and call any online baby store. most give discounts over the phone. it's worth a try and you'll usually save about 10% which is $$ when you are looking to buy a bugaboo.

speaking from experience here:) if u go into a local store in ny, they'll make u pay sales tax as well. make sure you don't
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics