Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
American citizenship and Passport Question- ASAP
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:34 am
mo5 wrote:
My children have travelled jn and out of the us on non American passports- before I got them citizenship.

I believe that getting citizenship thru grandparents has to actually be done in the USA (from what friends have told me) but you should still be able to travel on their non us passport until they actually get the citizenship. You might need to make an appointment before you get there so you don't have to wait weeks for one.

Furthermore, unlike Israel and other countries, there is no passport control when leaving the USA, so how can Having a foreign passport stop them? As long as the passport is valid for the country to which they are heading!!!

*when I go to the airport to leave the USA, my children have to show their Non-us passport to the travel desk, we didn't take out us passports at all- and this was in the last few months.

That's exactly what I'm thinking but they specifically told us we have to get their passports . Ugh so annoying. We are trying to set an appointment but they demand a proof of citizenship which we won't have until we ar in the U.S. and get the citizenship.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 7:46 am
There are ways to get a passport quickly, but it costs more money. Look for info on expediting a passport.

chatz

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 12:46 pm
You can get a passport same day. I did this about 5 years ago so my memory is a bit foggy. They have a place in NYC and a few more places in other major cities. You have to make an appointment and show proof that you need a same day passport (ie, traveling within two weeks).

http://travel.state.gov/conten......html

scroll down to expedited service at a passport agency. YOu can call to double check / more info

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 1:35 pm
chatz wrote:
You can get a passport same day. I did this about 5 years ago so my memory is a bit foggy. They have a place in NYC and a few more places in other major cities. You have to make an appointment and show proof that you need a same day passport (ie, traveling within two weeks).

scroll down to expedited service at a passport agency. YOu can call to double check / more info

OMG you are right!!! Thanks for the link- just called them and in fact they can decide that this is urgent enough and give us the passports right away!
Thanks!!!

someoneelse

Post Thu, May 07 2015, 6:55 am
chatz wrote:

I have family members who have done this successfully.

buffysmom

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 10:48 am
My daughter had done this procedure three times. You go into US on Israeli passport that is good for 10 years. She did not get them US passport s because it is expensive, like $450. They left US with Israeli passports.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 11:29 am
buffysmom wrote:
My daughter had done this procedure three times. You go into US on Israeli passport that is good for 10 years. She did not get them US passport s because it is expensive, like $450. They left US with Israeli passports.

Right that's the normal way but we have to issue U.S. passports right away... Anyway as I said above we found out that it can be done same day.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions